BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings Tactical 'Mech Combat to Massive Cityscapes. New destructible city environments, electric warfare, BattleMechs, Flashpoints, and more coming June 4th, 2019
STOCKHOLM - April 23, 2019 - Paradox Interactive and Harebrained Schemes today unveiled details for the next big thing to hit BATTLETECH this summer. Urban Warfare will bring 'Mech combat to the vast cityscapes of 3025. With electronic warfare, large-scale building destruction, environmental mechanics, new enemy units and more, the urban sprawl will be a whole new battlefield on June 4th, BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare is available for preorder now at the SRP of $19.99 and is also available in the BATTLETECH Season pass.
City combat is center stage in this expansion, introducing new street features including blocked lines of sight, collateral damage rules, and all sorts of new destruction. Weigh the hazards and benefits before going into urban battle, though - explosions, floods and more await. With new urban challenges, the return of lost technologies, new 'Mechs, vehicles, encounters and flashpoints, Urban Warfare takes the BATTLETECH experience to new, gritty heights.
"Urban Warfare delivers one of the biggest 'Mech combat player fantasies there is: Fighting it out on the streets and rooftops of epic sci-fi cityscapes," said Mitch Gitelman, Co-founder of Harebrained Schemes and Game Director of BATTLETECH. "The truth is, we've wanted to build city combat environments and gameplay for years, so we're thrilled to be finally bringing this experience to BATTLETECH."
- Urban Warfare - Street brawls introduce new tactical gameplay challenges as 'Mech combat moves from wide-open natural landscapes to vast urban sprawls. Every building in the new urban biome is fully destructible, so you're never more than a few salvos away from a new line of sight, or the defensive cover of high-rise rubble. Abandoned explosive fuel trucks, destroyed coolant exchanger buildings, and broken electrical transformers that disrupt targeting will drastically change the battle as you go.
- Electronic Warfare - The return of these lost technologies will forever change the 31st century battlefield. 'Mechs equipped with Electronic Countermeasures (ECM) and nearby friendly units are obscured from enemy targeting systems, and immune to indirect fire. Meanwhile, 'Mechs equipped with Active Probe can reveal, locate, and target enemy units that would otherwise be hidden.
- Two New BattleMechs - The experimental Raven 1X sports an advanced electronic warfare package combining ECM and Active Probe systems into a lightweight component. The Javelin is a compromise between speed and firepower, with close-range knockout power.
- New Flashpoints - A wide variety of new branching short stories that link together mercenary missions, crew conversations, special events, critical choices, and rare bonus rewards.
- Three New Enemy Vehicles - The Tank sports a variety of weapons to fight at all ranges with speed and agility, the Packrat is a battlefield support vehicle equipped with a prototype version of ECM, and the Rotunda is a reconnaissance vehicle equipped with a prototype version of Active Probe.
- New Encounter - Attack and Defend is a challenging new mission type where your mercenaries must destroy an enemy's base to stop a steady stream of attackers before they can overcome your forces and knock out your employer's base.
Get your Urban Warfare pre-order on and get more info at www.paradoxplaza.com/battletech-urban-warfare
Paradox Interactive is a leading global publisher of strategy games for PC and console. The company has developed and published a world-renowned catalog stretching back to 1999, with players hailing from all around the world.
The publisher's steadily-growing portfolio includes firmly established franchises such as the critically acclaimed Europa Universalis, Crusader Kings, Hearts of Iron, and Stellaris series created by Paradox Development Studio, the Age of Wonders series created by Triumph Studios, as well as award-winning titles such as Cities: Skylines, Pillars of Eternity, and more from a network of partner studios. Paradox is the owner of the World of Darkness IPs and is publishing Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2.
Paradox's head offices are located in Stockholm, Sweden. Our development studios are located in Stockholm, MalmÃƒÂ¶ and UmeÃƒÂ¥, Sweden, in Delft, The Netherlands, in Seattle, Washington, and in Berkeley, California. We share a passion for gaming and gamers, and our goal is to provide deep and challenging games with hours of gameplay and endless variety to our ever-growing community.
For more information, please visit our forums and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de