MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif. - April 23, 2019 - Athenascope, a games tech startup that aims to change the way we play and watch games together, today announced the release of its official Windows app, making it easier than ever before for gamers to share automatically generated highlight reels of their top gameplay moments.
The Athenascope Windows app automatically detects supported games and sends your gameplay sessions to Athenascope's servers, where the company's computer vision AI technology chooses top moments and outputs fully produced highlight videos and clips for users to share with friends. Available for free, Athenascope now supports Respawn Entertainment's smash-hit battle royale title, Apex Legends, in addition to Fortnite, Rocket League, and PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS.
"When we introduced Athenascope to the world in February, we were thrilled to find out that there are a ton of gamers out there who want to share their gameplay moments with friends," said Chris Kirmse, founder and CEO of Athenascope. "One of the top requests we heard from our community was to make it even easier to send your gameplay to us, so we decided to build the Athenascope App to make the process dead-simple."
The Athenascope App streamlines the process of getting highlights for average gamers, while streamers can link their Twitch accounts to get clips from past broadcasts to promote their channels on social media.
Athenascope harnesses high-tech computer vision technology (the same AI method that powers self-driving cars), and brings it to games, beginning with automatic highlights and leading to future developments like AI coaching. The company recently raised a $2.5 million seed round led by First Round Capital, with the fund's founder, Josh Kopelman, joining the Athenascope board of directors.
To get Athenascope, visit http://athenascope.com/.
Latest News Posts
- Metro Exodus Epic Store exclusivity deal made lots of money
- Next Call of Duty isn't called MW4, just Modern Warfare
- Tom Hanks says Toy Story 4 has an 'emotional' series ending
- Dauntless gains 500,000 players in 1 day, 4 million in total
- Mutant Year Zero new DLC 'Seed of Evil' adds new character
- Layers of Fear 2 Review: Lynchian Horror at its Finest
- SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Problems with ryzen 5 2400g and ASRock B450M-HLD R4.0
- Freesync not working on monitor?
- Type SanDisk Extreme 1TB microSD Review
- Aussie Indie Studio Melt Games Releases Endless Adventures In Mount Frosty
- Final Fantasy XIV Online Surpasses 16 Million Players Worldwide
- Cambridge Mobile Telematics Releases Data on Driving Behaviors around Memorial Day Weekend
- Bust a Move and Break a Sweat 'Wave Circles' is Now Available on Steam
- Futuristic Co-op Action RPG Killsquad Coming to Early Access on Steam this Summer