BUCHAREST, ROMANIA - MARCH 5, 2019 - Fiercely independent game developer, Those Awesome Guys, and go to market gurus Reverb Triple XP have launched today Move or Die onto the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system. PlayStation gamers can now experience the fast-paced, sweat-inducing, multiplayer frenzy where game modes change every 30 seconds - you gotta MOVE or you will DIE!
With content from the critically-acclaimed PC version including characters from Rick & Morty and Shovel Knight, Move or Die boasts an extensive collection of over the top game modes, some of which feature mechanics from indie classics such as Superhot, Heavy Bullets, or VVVVVV. On top of that, the PS4 version will also be debuting exclusive content in an upcoming launch-day patch. This will include six new characters, four additional game modes, three zany Mutators, and introduces the voice talent of YouTube star ProZD as an official game announcer.
Rick, Morty, Shovel Knight and more crazy characters playable in Move or Die.
"We've had so much fun building Move or Die on PC and there have been a lot of community requests for a console version given its button mashing action and over the top characters," said Nicolae Berbece, founder and lead developer for Those Awesome Guys. "Today's launch is a very big deal for us, as three years' worth of free updates and weird ideas have manifested as game modes and characters in this odd game I managed to put together with a team of great people from all around the world. It's a kind of an awesome new beginning!"
Move or Die has a simple fundamental premise: players who fail to move their oddball characters will see their health bar drop very quickly and eventually die in colorful, splatty explosions. Players will battle each other in an ever-growing list of mini-game modes that change every 20-30 seconds. Outrageous level designs and rule sets promote hours of laughter.
Move or Die Game Features:
- PlayStation 4 Content: Exclusive launch content including six new characters, four game modes, three Mutators, and YouTube personality ProZD as a new gameplay announcer!
- Easy-to-Learn, Furious-Paced Fun: Move or Die is not just the title, it's the way to game. With not moving resulting in your character exploding and rounds lasting only 30 seconds, Move or Die is quick to pick up and very hard to put down.
- Online and Offline Multiplayer Mania: Play as one of several outrageous characters on the couch with friends, online against people from around the world or battle devious bots offline.
- Game Modes That Change EVERY TIME: Over 30 hilarious game modes like Jump Shot, Chainsaw Backstab, Bomb Tag, Heavy Bullets, and Rocket Run, each with their own unique mechanics and level design.
- Mutators Change the Game: Select from 20+ mutators to drastically alter how each game mode plays. Enable double jumping, equip jetpacks, turn on invisibility, or choose explosive deaths to kill opponents as you die - mutators spice up the Move or Die madness.
- Adorable, Funny, and Weird Cast: 80 unlockable characters with unique personalities to choose from, including shady penguins, derpy chickens, pizza slices, tsundere sharks, horny rhinos...whatever strange characters can be imagined, Move or Die is almost guaranteed to have it.*
- Content-a-Palooza: Move or Die arrives to PS4 loaded with three years of content updates from the PC version including the Shovel Knight and Rick & Morty character packs.
- W00t to Loot: Earn "not-coins" each time you play - and earn more when winning - to acquire new characters skins, unlock new game modes and Mutators, get special trail effects on your character, and special emotes to taunt your opponents as you squash their feeble ways.
- Daily Challenges and Missions: Work your way up the leaderboard and earn bonus XP by completing challenges and missions that change every 24 hours.
Good-ol' friend-destroying fun has been a trademark of Move or Die! Win battles to unlock new characters skins, including personalities from the infamous 'Rick and Morty' animated show. And if your couch gaming buddies have smashed their controllers when they lose, don't worry - jump online and challenge other players to see who will rage quit first.
Move or Die is now available on the PlayStation 4 computer entertainment system for $14.99 (S.R.P). For more info please visit www.MoveOrDieGame.com, 'Like' it on Facebook, watch their highly entertaining YouTube channel, and follow the game on Twitter @MoveOrDieGame for new features and updates.
Last updated: Sep 25, 2019 at 05:39 pm CDT