Leading AI technology company Two Hat, creator of the chat, image and video moderation solution Community Sift, announced today that it has acquired ImageVision, an image recognition and visual search company. With the addition of ImageVision's patented computer vision technology, Two Hat now provides the most accurate and efficient all-in-one content moderation solution for social platforms in the industry.
"ImageVision gives us access to over 10 years of research and experience and $10 million worth of technology," says Two Hat CEO and founder Chris Priebe. "Anyone can train a system to filter 90% of items correctly. It's only through blending multiple systems that we will finally see the 99% accuracy that makes technology invisible. And when it comes protecting abused kids, spending money to solve the problem is our primary mission."
Two Hat's Community Sift currently provides content moderation solutions to clients like SuperAwesome and Kabam. Most recently, they have collaborated with Canadian law enforcement to develop CEASE.ai, an artificial intelligence model that detects new child sexual abuse material (CSAM) for law enforcement and social platforms. Now, with ImageVision's computer vision and deep learning expertise boosting their existing technology, Two Hat is poised to provide the most accurate pornography and CSAM detector in the industry.
Every day, users share 3.2 billion images on social networks. Over 3 billion people are active social media users, so that number is only projected to grow in 2019. With global companies like Facebook and Google facing mounting scrutiny over their content moderation practices and hiring tens of thousands of human moderators in response, many platforms are now searching for scalable, AI-based solutions to protect their brand and users from NSFW (not safe for work) images. Priebe believes that 2019 is the year that image moderation becomes not just a nice-to-have, but instead a necessity for social platforms.
"The big players are recognizing the value of creating safe online spaces for all users," Priebe said. "We're excited to help bring that possibility to more sharing platforms this year. We can't wait to collaborate with social networks with this innovative technology."
Priebe discusses the ambitious image moderation goals that led to the acquisition on the Two Hat website. He will also host a webinar in February to share his vision of the future of AI in content moderation.
About Two Hat
Founded in 2012, Two Hat is an AI-based technology company that empowers gaming and social platforms to grow and protect their online communities. With their flagship product Community Sift, an enterprise-level content filter and automated chat, image, and video moderation tool, online communities can proactively filter abuse, harassment, hate speech, adult content, and other disruptive behavior.
Latest News Posts
- Google Stadia's save sharing feature is revolutionary
- Games titan Tencent earns $45 billion in 2018
- Capcom release Devil May Cry 5 soundtrack on Spotify/Steam
- Sixth Goku iteration added to Dragon Ball FighterZ
- Kotal Kahn gets bodied in his own Mortal Kombat 11 reveal
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- LoanCare, a ServiceLink Company, Announces New Chief Information Officer
- Giada Adds AMD Ryzen-Powered DM6 To High-Performance Signage Player Series
- Slay Time - Hack and Slash MMORPG Guardians of Ember Enters Open Beta
- Nokia Commits US$750K to Support the Work of the Internet Engineering Task Force
- The global installed base of airport asset tracking systems will reach 0.4 million units in 2023