HSINCHU, Taiwan, Nov. 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Richtek, the global leading analog IC design company has brought its innovative power management solutions to automotive applications. Richtek has launched RTQ7880, the world's first integrated IC device that combines USB Type-C Power Delivery and a Buck-Boost controller, making it a true one-chip solution for the new generation 100 watts (20V/5A) high power car chargers. The AEC-Q100 grade-2 qualified RTQ7880 is ready to fulfil the requirements of current and future car chargers.
Richtek, being a member of USB Implementers Forum, has designed the RTQ7880 with a high level of flexibility. The built-in ARM MCU and fully programmable PWM block enable a special AnyPower functionality, which meets the latest USB PD 3.0 with Programmable Power Supply requirements. Furthermore, RTQ7880 includes comprehensive protection functionality which are all hardware-controlled, making the system truly PDSafe. For charging systems that need to support non-USB-C legacy devices, the RTQ7880 includes USB data-line sensing circuits for detecting BC1.2, QC2.0 and QC3.0 and Apple mode systems. The RTQ7880 MTP memory firmware can be updated via the USB port.
To avoid voltage drops from long-distance power transmission for rear-seat passengers charging devices, RTQ7880includes a 9-step programmable cable drop compensation function, which adjusts the output voltage based on charging current. The voltage compensation value is adjustable for different cable lengths. The result is a charging voltage through the charging cable end that varies less than +/-50mV over charge current. RTQ7880 also has 10 GPIO pins that can be used for various functions: LED indication, firmware option settings or communication with other devices.
Richtek also offers power management solutions for USB Type-C and Type-A car chargers. The RTQ2115/6 product family is the AEC-Q100 grade 1 qualified solution which combines a charging port controller and a Buck converter to support multiple USB protocols.
Over the past 5 years, Richtek has developed a strong automotive product portfolio to cover various areas, such as Infotainment, Telematics and ADAS. All Richtek automotive products are AEC-Q100 qualified with high performance and reliability, successfully selected by Automotive Tier 1 suppliers across the globe. Richtek is creating more new products through close collaboration with automotive manufacturers and in doing so they are shaping the future automotive industry together.
Find out more about Richtek automotive products: https://www.richtek.com/Applications/Automotive
For more product details, please contact us: [email protected]
SOURCE Richtek Technology
Latest News Posts
- John Wick 4 confirmed, will be released on May 21, 2021
- Sony is making a Twisted Metal TV show
- PS4 will be supported into 2022, to live alongside PS5
- PlayStation now rules Sony's entertainment business
- PlayStation's new service plan is smart and future-proof
- ADATA XPG Spectrix D60G DDR4-3000 32GB Memory Kit Review
- ASUS Prime Z390-A Owners or CS Plz help!
- Plugable USB-C Cube Docking Station Review
- ASrock Z170 extreme7+ post issues code error 35 and 19
- Laptop screen goes black! HELP
- CCP Games Brings EVE Invasion World Tour to Australia This Weekend for EVE Down Under
- Just Cause 4: Los Demonios Announced
- Relive The American Revolution In Assassin's Creed III Remastered, Available Now On Nintendo Switch
- Local Co-Op Game, 'Keep Talking And Nobody Explodes', Now Available For Oculus Quest
- FSP Leads the Way to AIoT and 5G at Computex 2019