Combining Best-in-Class Thunderbolt 3 Docking with Next Generation Locking
SAN MATEO, Calif., Sept. 20, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- Kensington, the creator of laptop locking, and a pioneer in universal docking, is once again innovating by bringing electronic keyless locking to universal docking. Introducing the LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock (Single User: K33476NA/EU, Multi User: K39470M, SRP $449.99) - for more speed, more pixels, more power, and more possibilities.
Ideally suited for business professionals, designers, and gamers, this game-changing 2-in-1 solution combines the productivity benefits of a Thunderbolt 3 dock with cutting edge laptop locking technology for Mac and Windows users.
At the apex of USB-C performance, Thunderbolt 3 delivers power, plus the fastest data and video available on a single cable - up to 40 Gbps. Thunderbolt 3 connects to Thunderbolt 3-enabled devices, USB devices, and dual 4K UHD displays, while supplying up to 85W of power to the computer.
Kensington's LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock enables users to take advantage of the full capabilities of Thunderbolt 3. It has two Thunderbolt 3 ports: one for computer connection with power delivery, video, and data transfer; and the other for connection to peripheral accessories such as USB-C devices or daisy chaining up to five additional Thunderbolt-enabled devices. The LD5400T also provides a thorough selection of additional ports with four USB 3.0 ports (5V/0.9A), one 1 Gbps Ethernet port, and a combo 3.5mm audio in/out port. Additionally, the dock provides connection to one 5K monitor at 60Hz, or dual 4K monitors at 60Hz via DisplayPort or HDMI, to support crisp resolution, contrast, and color depth.
The LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock offers encrypted security with the simplicity of keyless locking. The result is cutting edge protection and corporate security policy compliance with physical locking. Available in two options:
- Multi User (K39470M, SRP $449.99) - IT administrators have master access to all stations, such as those used for shared, hot-desking, or hoteling workspaces.
- Single User (K33476NA/EU, SRP $449.99) - A simple locking experience for fixed-desk users.
The station can be secured to any fixed object with the removable tethered lock cable, using the built-in Kensington Security Slot with a cable lock, or by using the desktop mounting holes.
Kensington's Register & Retrieve program provides secure cloud-based K-Fob replacement, in case the K-Fob is lost.
Adjustable security arms accommodate 11-15 inch thin and light laptops, and easily adjust without tools. The laptop rests on scratch-resistant cushioned bumpers that protect the screen and frame from cosmetic damage. The dock's professional locking design conforms to Kensington's industry-leading testing standards for durability, provides unobstructed access to the laptop's side ports, and requires no laptop modifications.
"Kensington's new LD5400T dock combines the best of docking and locking, providing exceptional connectivity with a single connection to all your desktop accessories; the speed, performance, and productivity benefits of Thunderbolt 3 technology; and easy, secure locking; all for a seamless computing experience," said Ben Thacker, VP/GM Kensington.
"Thunderbolt 3 offers an exceptional level of connectivity, bringing extraordinary speed and versatility to desktop productivity devices, such as docking stations," said Jason Ziller, General Manager, Client Connectivity Division at Intel. "Products that have implemented this technology, like Kensington's new LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock, are designed to give professionals cutting-edge performance and access to everything on the desktop, for unparalleled productivity and security."
*Adapters sold separately. USB-C to HDMI, K33993WW; USB-C to VGA, K33994WW; DisplayPort to HDMI, K33984WW.
Tweet this: A game-changing 2-in-1 docking and locking solution for Windows and Mac users! The Kensington LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock is ideal for business professionals, designers, and gamers! #LaptopDock #Thunderbolt3 #DesktopSecurity
Digital images: https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/sq7A9s
Follow Kensington on:
Contact us: [email protected]
Latest News Posts
- Rick & Morty season 4 episode premier at Adult Swim Festival
- Zelda Link's Awakening new cameo Ocarina of Time footage
- Popular gaming YouTuber Etika found dead in Manhattan River
- One-Punch Man beats down foes in upcoming console/PC game
- Terraria for Nintendo Switch releases on June 27th
- Synology DS419 Slim Four-Bay NAS Review
- P8P67 Deluxe Problem
- Silverstone Primera SST-PM02B-G Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- X399 AORUS Extreme - Threadripper 2990wx; memory issues
- TPLink Archer A6 Wireless Router Review
- Mitsubishi Heavy Industries to Acquire Canadair Regional Jet Program from Bombardier Inc.
- LG To Expand Partnership With QT On Next Generation Embedded Devices Running Webos
- Next-Gen Battle Royale Ring of Elysium Officially Launches on Steam
- Versus Evil Steam Summer Sale
- TRENDnet Adds ERPS to Industrial Managed Network Switches