Super Talent Develops 2048 GB PCIe RAID SSD with 1.3 GB/sec Throughput
New Drive Promises Outstanding Performance, IOPS, and Reliable Storage for Enterprise Servers, Workstations, and Gamers
San Jose, California - April 1, 2009 - Super Talent Technology, a leading manufacturer of Flash storage solutions and DRAM memory modules, today announced its patented RAIDDriveTM, which dramatically increases the performance and slot capacity of PCI Express-based storage solution. The new RAIDDrive is the market's largest and most innovative server-based solid-state storage solution, and an extension of its patented technology from the RAIDSSDTM product lines.
RAIDDrives support up to 2 TB of MLC or SLC Nand Flash memories, have a turbocharged DRAM Cache, and the RAIDDrive ES is fully battery backed to protect data in the event of power loss. The RAIDDrives connect through a PCIe Gen. 2.0 x8 interface and are capable of delivering sequential Read speeds of up to 1.2GB/s, sequential Write speeds of up to 1.3GB/s. More performance details will be unveiled in June. As an optional feature users will be able to configure the drives with an internal RAID5 capability to deliver an extra level of data protection for mission critical applications.
SuperTalent is releasing three families of RAIDDrives with features optimized for different market segments:
- RAIDDrive ES - Enterprise Servers performing compute intensive applications such as database transaction processing, business intelligence, and virtualization.
- RAIDDrive WS - Workstation users performing tasks including animation, video editing, oil and gas exploration, CAD/EDA simulation, and scientific computing,
- RAIDDrive GS - Gamers looking to supercharge their IO Subsystem
Super Talent has been pioneering the development of RAIDed SSDs with multiple patents granted since 2003 and has been shipping SSDs with internal RAID structures in the RAIDSSD product lines for many years. SuperTalent's existing, RAIDSSD product lines utilizing SuperTalent's unique patented RAID structure consist of:
- DuraDrive ET - High Performance IDE/PATA interface RAIDSSD 16-256GB, I-temp option available, 2.5" or 3.5"
- DuraDrive AT - High Performance SATA interface RAIDSSD 16-256GB I-temp option available, 2.5" or 3.5"
- MasterDrive RX - Extreme Performance SATA interface RAIDSSD 128-512GB, 2.5" or 3.5"
According to CH Lee, COO of Super Talent, "We are proud of the innovative intellectual property that our outstanding engineering team has developed. The RAIDDrive is just the latest in a series of patented products which enable us to provide differentiated products to our customers."
About Super Talent Technology
Super Talent Technology Corporation based in San Jose, California, designs and manufactures a full range of DDR, DDR2, and DDR3 memory modules and Flash based storage devices for computers and consumer electronics. An ISO 9001 certified company, Super Talent utilizes its state-of-the-art factories and leading-edge components to produce award winning products with outstanding reliability. Super Talent is an active member of the JEDEC and ONFI standards bodies. With over 250 patents, the company was ranked 38th in the 2008 Wall Street Journal's Patent ScorecardTM for the IT industry.
Latest News Posts
- Hellboy: The Board Game raises a HUGE $1.3 million in 1 day
- Adventure Time: Pirates of the Enchiridion release date
- Microsoft's Xbox division earned $2.251 billion last quarter
- Amazon listing leaks Shadow of the Tomb Raider screenshots
- Far Cry 5: 2.5 million sold, digital sales 500% over Primal
- Gigabyte P104-100 GPU Mining Card
- ASUS STRIX H370-I GAMING (Intel H370) Motherboard Review
- Issue with X299 Taichi No video through GTX 1080ti
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit