Acer today announced the availability of its latest convertible notebook for education customers, the Acer TravelMate Spin B1 (B118), at the 2017 BETT Show (Booth B109) happening in London from January 25-28. The 11.6-inch convertible notebook with Windows 10 Pro is perfectly sized for easy portability, features four usage modes and a robust design made for day-to-day use in the classroom. In addition, with a long battery life, students can power through a full day of school and beyond.
The Versatility of Convertibles, Now in the Classroom
Classroom learning involves a diverse array of subjects, learning environments and teaching methods; therefore the TravelMate Spin B1 convertible notebook is an ideal fit for the wide-ranging needs of students and teachers alike. It features four versatile modes that facilitate all aspects of classroom learning, including Stand and Tent modes for group projects and sharing, Tablet mode for learning on the move in labs or during field trips, and Laptop mode for everything else. The notebook sports a Full HD or HD touchscreen(2) for intuitive operations and engagement with webpages and apps.
Built Tough to Withstand Knocks, Drops and Spills
The TravelMate Spin B1 was designed with durability features to ensure maximum uptime and help reduce maintenance. They include a shock-absorbent middle rubber frame that can handle the rough-and-tumble of the classroom, while a pressure-resistant screen with increased strength can withstand frontal impact of up to 60Kgf(3). It also sports a spill-resistant keyboard that provides protection against spills of up to 330ml (11 fluid ounces) of water. The unique gutter system under the keyboard and touchpad drains water so that it's routed away from internal components and out the bottom of the chassis. The notebook also has a Kensington lock, so that it can be secured to a wireless cart or lab.
Long Battery Life and Great Performance
The TravelMate Spin B1 sports up to 13 hours1 of battery life, allowing students to learn without interruption, inside and outside the classroom, with power to spare for homework. Powered by Intel Pentium processors and Intel HD Graphics, the TravelMate Spin B1 offers solid everyday performance. A Chiclet keyboard provides excellent tactile feedback for accurate touch-typing, and a Precision Touchpad promotes comfortable and responsive navigation, while supporting Windows 10 gestures.
- 360-degree hinge allows for versatile student learning with Laptop, Stand, Tent and Tablet modes
- Durable design with pressure-resistant screen, shock-absorbent rubber bumper and spill-resistant keyboard
- Up to 13 hours(1) of battery life powers through a full day of school and beyond for uninterrupted learning
- Stylus(2) supporting Windows Ink allows for an intuitive way for students to take notes, edit documents and sketch
Windows Ink and Acer TeachSmart
Featuring a stylus2 supporting Windows Ink, students can intuitively jot down notes, edit Microsoft Word documents, interact with apps and draw. Students can access Microsoft OneNote directly and quickly from the locked screen with a simple click of the stylus. What's more, interactions between students and teachers are also more intuitive with Acer TeachSmart software. The software's interface works in conjunction with embedded multi-colored LED lights on each student's notebook cover to allow them to easily communicate with the teacher, get class materials, take quizzes, and even request bathroom breaks.
Students Stay Connected
Students can stay connected to their school network with fast dual-band 2x2 MIMO 802.11ac wireless connectivity. The device connects easily to peripherals via Bluetooth 4.0, two USB 3.0 ports, one USB 2.0 port and one HDMI port. Students can plug in their headphones with the 3.5mm head phone jack, while files can be easily shared with the built-in SD card reader.
The new Acer TravelMate Spin B1 will be available to education and commercial customers in Q2 2017. Exact specifications, prices, and availability will vary by region. To learn more about availability, product specifications and prices in specific markets, please contact your nearest Acer office via https://www.acer.com.
Established in 1976, Acer is a hardware + software + services company dedicated to the research, design, marketing, sale, and support of innovative products that enhance people's lives. Acer's product offerings include PCs, displays, projectors, servers, tablets, smartphones and wearables. It is also developing cloud solutions to bring together the Internet of Things. Acer celebrated its 40th anniversary in 2016 and is one of the world's top 5 PC companies. It employs 7,000 people worldwide and has a presence in over 160 countries. Please visit https://www.acer.com for more information.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Mozilla announces VR/AR development program
- iPhone 2018 model will feature massive LTE speeds
- Apple buys VR/AR startup VRvana for $30 million
- AC: Origins patch fixes UltraWide, multi-GPU issues
- Radeon Vega 8 Mobile: 8 Vega GPU cores, 256MB DDR4
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ