ESL, the world's largest esports company, brought in the new year with thousands of fans at ESL One Genting 2017 from January 6-8. The top eight Dota 2 teams traveled to the Arena of the Stars in Resorts World Genting, Malaysia to battle for a share of the US$250,000 prize pool in a stadium full of 5,000 visitors each day. In the end it was Digital Chaos (DC) who went home with the coveted ESL One trophy and the first place prize of US$125,000.
ESL One Genting 2017 marks ESL's first event in Malaysia and second stadium event in Southeast Asia within the past year, with ESL One Manilla 2016 bringing 16,000 people to the Mall of Asia in April 2016. ESL One's Malaysian stop solidifies the company's commitment to expanding operations in Southeast Asia.
The event experience included not only top-tier Dota 2 competition, but also hundreds of side activities including stores, local food delicacies, arcade halls and many more experiences within the Resorts World Genting. In addition to the live audience, more than 11,400,000 unique viewers tuned in to watch over 4,500,000 hours of ESL One Genting content online.
"After ESL One Genting 2017 we at ESL are once again humbled by the passion and commitment from Dota 2 fans in Southeast Asia," said Ulrich Schulze, VP of Pro Gaming at ESL.
"In cooperation with Resorts World Genting and our local partner Mineski we were able to successfully showcase legendary gameplay in the context of an amazing event experience to millions of viewers around the world."
"Being a part of esports with ESL and kicking it off in the first weekend of January was one of the best decision we made," said Kevin Tann, Vice President of Promotions & Entertainment of Resorts World Genting.
"The crowd was awesome, the energy was addictive and the atmosphere during the three days was intense in a very positive way. Resorts World Genting certainly looks forward to further collaboration to bring esports in Malaysia to greater heights."
For more information about ESL One, visit the official tournament website, and be sure to check out the video footage on our YouTube channel. Photos and graphics for editorial use can be found in the ESL One Genting press kit.
ESL One - In ESL One, teams and players from all over the world compete in an eSports tournament unlike any other. Featuring the games Dota 2, Counter-Strike Global Offensive and Battlefield 4, ESL One gives out hundreds of thousands in prize money every year. With events taking place in sports stadiums all over the world, it puts the players in front of enthusiastic audiences, cheering them on in their attempt to secure the one trophy and the glory that comes with it. https://www.esl-one.com
ESL, a part of the international digital entertainment group MTG, is the world's largest esports company, leading the industry across the most popular video games with numerous online and offline competitions. It operates high profile, branded international and national leagues and tournaments such as the Intel Extreme Masters, ESL One, ESL National Championships and other top tier stadium-size events, as well as grassroots amateur cups, leagues and matchmaking systems.
ESL covers a broad field of services in gaming technology, event management, advertising and television production, fully catering to the needs of the esports ecosystem. With offices in North America, Germany, Russia, France, Poland, Spain, China, and partners in many other countries, it has a truly global footprint (www.eslgaming.com).
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- The Division movie secures John Wick, Deadpool 2 director
- Microsoft seeks engineers for next-gen Xbox, teases GDDR6
- Fortnite developer: no rush to make new Battle Royale maps
- Serious Sam 4: Planet Badass announced, full reveal at E3
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 6GHz with LN2 cooling
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit