Fujitsu Limited ("Fujitsu"), Fujitsu Client Computing Limited ("FCCL") and Lenovo Group Limited ("Lenovo") announced today that they are exploring a strategic cooperation in the realm of research, development, design and manufacturing of personal computers for the global market. Details of the cooperation are currently under discussion.
Fujitsu transferred its Japan PC business to FCCL, a newly established wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu, on February 1, 2016.
Since then, Fujitsu has been considering various options to ensure the future growth of its PC business. Lenovo, already the world's largest PC supplier, is continuously
seeking opportunities to further grow its core business in the global market. Through the cooperation, the two companies aim to create a successful model that leverages Fujitsu's global
sales, customer support, R&D and manufacturing capabilities together with Lenovo's operational excellence to improve competitiveness in the dynamic global PC market.
Fujitsu will continue to offer a high-quality, innovative and reliable Fujitsu branded PC portfolio and the related after-sales support to customers and channel partners worldwide.
Fujitsu and Lenovo will continue their discussion in pursuit of a mutually beneficial collaboration. The two companies are also in talks with Development Bank of Japan for the bank to provide financial
and strategic support.
Further details will be announced as they become available.
Latest News Posts
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Thronebreaker: The Witcher Tales fails at sales expectations
- Sunset Overdrive is coming to PC, available on November 16th
- SMITE Nintendo Switch release planned for November 16th
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions