Fujitsu Limited ("Fujitsu"), Fujitsu Client Computing Limited ("FCCL") and Lenovo Group Limited ("Lenovo") announced today that they are exploring a strategic cooperation in the realm of research, development, design and manufacturing of personal computers for the global market. Details of the cooperation are currently under discussion.
Fujitsu transferred its Japan PC business to FCCL, a newly established wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu, on February 1, 2016.
Since then, Fujitsu has been considering various options to ensure the future growth of its PC business. Lenovo, already the world's largest PC supplier, is continuously
seeking opportunities to further grow its core business in the global market. Through the cooperation, the two companies aim to create a successful model that leverages Fujitsu's global
sales, customer support, R&D and manufacturing capabilities together with Lenovo's operational excellence to improve competitiveness in the dynamic global PC market.
Fujitsu will continue to offer a high-quality, innovative and reliable Fujitsu branded PC portfolio and the related after-sales support to customers and channel partners worldwide.
Fujitsu and Lenovo will continue their discussion in pursuit of a mutually beneficial collaboration. The two companies are also in talks with Development Bank of Japan for the bank to provide financial
and strategic support.
Further details will be announced as they become available.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Bandai Namco release 1080p New Gundam Breaker screenshots
- Monster Hunter World: console update released, patch notes
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice devs shocked at PC game sales
- Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze overview trailer reveal
- Infinity War Iron Spider Suit now comes with game pre-order
- GIGABYTE X470 Aorus Gaming 7 WIFI Motherboard Review
- AsRock Z97 not picking up SATA drive
- GA-X79-UD3 NVMe
- MyDigitalDiscount 128GB/256GB/512GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- EVGA DG-77 Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit