Fujitsu Limited ("Fujitsu"), Fujitsu Client Computing Limited ("FCCL") and Lenovo Group Limited ("Lenovo") announced today that they are exploring a strategic cooperation in the realm of research, development, design and manufacturing of personal computers for the global market. Details of the cooperation are currently under discussion.
Fujitsu transferred its Japan PC business to FCCL, a newly established wholly owned subsidiary of Fujitsu, on February 1, 2016.
Since then, Fujitsu has been considering various options to ensure the future growth of its PC business. Lenovo, already the world's largest PC supplier, is continuously
seeking opportunities to further grow its core business in the global market. Through the cooperation, the two companies aim to create a successful model that leverages Fujitsu's global
sales, customer support, R&D and manufacturing capabilities together with Lenovo's operational excellence to improve competitiveness in the dynamic global PC market.
Fujitsu will continue to offer a high-quality, innovative and reliable Fujitsu branded PC portfolio and the related after-sales support to customers and channel partners worldwide.
Fujitsu and Lenovo will continue their discussion in pursuit of a mutually beneficial collaboration. The two companies are also in talks with Development Bank of Japan for the bank to provide financial
and strategic support.
Further details will be announced as they become available.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Surface Book 2 announced: GTX 1060, 17-hour battery life
- AMD Radeon Vega Mobile APU: GeForce MX150 performance
- Shadow of War post-launch event calendar revealed
- Sumo Digital may go public in new IPO worth $198 million
- Gearbox hiring writer for Borderlands 3
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz