LG Innotek announced the commercialization of a 15 W (Watt) wireless charging pad for the first time in the world. This product allows you to charge your smartphone as fast as when using a wired charging module.
It Charges the Battery to the Level of 50% within 30 Minutes, Which Equals the Wired Charging Speed
The wireless charging pad is device supplies electric power to smartphone in a slim pad form. If you put the smartphone on the pad, make sure that your phone supports wireless charging; the pad starts to charge battery.
The product will be sold in North America, Europe, and Australia in the middle of this month by the global smartphone accessory manufacturer.
The 15 W wireless charging pad's charging speed is three times faster than an existing 5 W wireless charging module. It can charge a completely depleted battery to the level of 50% within 30 minutes because it supplies 15W power to smartphone battery equal to wired quick charger.
Also, this product boasts high compatibility and can be used with most of the wireless charging smartphones currently available in the market. It meets the standards of Wireless Power Consortium (WPC), an international standardization organization for wireless charging.
LG Innotek applied the technology to prevent the pad from overheating during charging. So it can even reduce the risk of the explosion of the battery and performance degradation of the smartphone.
The embedded sensor measures the temperature the point where touch the smartphone and suspends the supplement of the electric power when it reaches a certain level.
LG Innotek expects the demand for function of wireless charging due to the mass-producing 15W wireless charge pad. If the company optimize design of the module for application, for example, automobiles and furniture, it can be used by the embedded type
Marketing research firm, TSR (Techno Systems Research), reports the sales of the wireless charging transmitter-receiver module was 553 million dollar in 2015 and will increase to 2.2 billion in 2019.
Sung Huh, a head of electronic components business division, said, "We proved that we had the world best wireless charging technology". He also said, "As a wireless charging module is directly related to the convenience and safety of the users, we will meet the expectations of our customers with advanced performance and perfect product quality."
Latest News Posts
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- Serexin: https://www.ketotoneworld.com/serexin-reviews/
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- Very odd boot behavior on three identical x399 Taichi builds.
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases