AMD today announced the new Lenovo Y27f Curved Gaming Monitor, its first free-standing display incorporating AMD FreeSync technology, offering low input latency and an ultra-smooth, stutter free gaming and multimedia experience. With "the most extreme curve available today," the 27-inch-wide, vertically aligned display provides extraordinary gaming immersion and a true-to-life viewing experience.
AMD FreeSync technology helps ensure smooth and fluid gameplay. AMD FreeSync technology enhances communication between the Lenovo Y27f Curved Gaming Monitor and an AMD FreeSync-capable GPU, allowing the display to dynamically adapt its refresh rate in alignment with the GPU's creation of new frames. This prevents tearing by ensuring no new frames are drawn during the refresh period. FreeSync also eliminates stuttering, since the refresh rate is locked to the creation of new frames. FreeSync is supported on a wide range of AMD Radeon GPUs, including the recently launched Polaris architecture-based Radeon RX Series graphics cards.
"Our latest monitor, the Lenovo Y27f Curved Gaming Monitor, is optimized for gaming," said Li Jun Su, Executive Director and General Manager of Visuals BU, PC & Smart Device Business Group, Lenovo. "AMD FreeSync technology along with a fast 144 Hz refresh rate eliminates screen tearing, and minimizes display stutter, input lag and motion blur to display more natural movement. Combined with full high definition 1920 x 1080 resolution and the most extreme curved display to date, the monitor provides our customers with the smoothest possible gaming and a great experience."
"With AMD FreeSync technology, the new Lenovo Y27f provides truly immersive gaming," said Raja Koduri, senior vice president and chief architect, Radeon Technologies Group. "The monitor is an excellent choice for both casual and competitive gamers that depend on low latency, high framerates, and an ultra-smooth experience powered by AMD FreeSync technology."
The Lenovo Y27f Curved Gaming Monitor is available now starting at SEP $399 USD.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series