Analogix Semiconductor, Inc. today announced the availability of its SlimPort ANX7688, the first single-chip mobile transmitter to support 4K 60 frames per second (4096x2160p60) or FHD 120 frames per second (1920x1080p120) video resolution from a smartphone or tablet with full function USB-C, ideal for applications such as augmented reality (AR) and virtual reality (VR) which require superior video processing and performance.
Made to pair seamlessly with Qualcomm-based USB-C smartphones and tablets, the ANX7688 is a single-chip bridge integrated circuit (IC) that converts the HDMI and USB interfaces of the application processor (AP) to DisplayPort, integrating a converter bridge, a high speed mux, USB-PD support for fast charging, with the latest HDCP 2.2 content protection, and therefore enabling a full function USB-C connector on the mobile device.
"ANX7688 puts Analogix years ahead of the competition to enable DisplayPort over USB-C capability on smartphones and tablets," said Andre Bouwer, vice president of marketing for Analogix. "Besides enabling big screen connectivity, SlimPort video out makes smartphones AR- and VR-ready in anticipation of head mounted displays moving into the mainstream, enabling an ever growing range of experiences for entertainment and productivity."
The ANX7688 is currently sampling and partner reference designs are available to facilitate and accelerate time to market. Product demonstrations are taking place during this week's Mobile World Congress 2016, at Analogix's SlimPort booth #7F03 in Hall 7 at Fira Gran Via in Barcelona.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series