EIZO Corporation today announced the release of the ColorEdge CG2420 and CS2420, two 24.1-inch monitors with 1920 x 1200 resolution for use in various creative industries. Both the monitors feature a sleek new cabinet design with slim bezels which are 39% smaller than their predecessors'. A carrying handle is built-in for easily moving the monitor between locations or within the studio. The flat design uses electrostatic switches on the front bezel in place of traditional buttons for seamless access to monitor settings. The switches light up using an LED for viewing in dimly-lit work environments.
The ColorEdge CG2420 is the professional-level model for use in photography, design, print, and post production. It features a built-in self-calibration sensor for hassle-free monitor maintenance that ensures optimal color reproduction and image consistency throughout the creative workflow. The ColorEdge CS2420 includes many of the advanced features of EIZO's ColorEdge lineup while meeting the varying needs and budgets of hobbyists and prosumers that want to create, edit, and enjoy photography, illustration, and more.
EIZO bundles its proprietary ColorNavigator 6 software with both monitors for users that require a wide variety of calibration functionality. Users can select preset target values for photography, printing, and web design or set their own target values for brightness, gamma, and white point and generate an ICC profile. Because ColorNavigator 6 is proprietary software, EIZO has ensured it is compatible with a wide range of calibration devices from X-Rite, Datacolor, and other manufacturers.
The ColorEdge CG2420 and CS2420 feature a wide-gamut IPS (in-plane-switching) panel with a 1920 x 1200 native resolution. The wide gamut ensures 99% Adobe RGB coverage so photos of vibrant blue skies and lush green forests are reproduced faithfully in a way that monitors limited to the sRGB color space cannot display. The ColorEdge CG2420's panel also covers 98% of the DCI-P3 color space used in post-production.
Both monitors are backed by a five-year manufacturer's warranty including the LCD panel. This is at least two years more than the warranty of most monitors to ensure a long service life and low total cost of ownership.
Shared Additional Features
- Smooth gradations with 10-bit display from a 16-bit LUT (look-up-table)
- DisplayPort, HDMI, and DVI input terminals
- 3-port USB hub including 1 USB battery charge port
- Ergonomic stand that offers height, tilt, and swivel adjustments
ColorEdge CG2420 Additional Features
- High contrast ratio of 1500:1
- Delta-E difference of 3 or less across the screen with EIZO's DUE (digital uniformity equalizer) technology
- Brightness, chromaticity, and tone characteristics stabilize in just 3 minutes
- Quickly attachable and removable shading hood
- Supports ColorNavigator NX and ColorNavigator Network quality control software
- High contrast ratio of 1000:1
- Shading hood optional
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Animal Crossing Pocket Camp earns $17 million to date
- Nintendo to team up with more mobile games makers
- Street Fighter 30th anniversary collection includes 12 games
- Titan Quest coming to consoles in 2018, even Switch
- Lyft is officially open for service in Toronto, Canada
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Buy Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus New 64GB SM-G955UZKAXAA $824
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series