Today at Citrix Summit, Dell unveiled two new additions to its cloud client-computing portfolio to optimize communication productivity for new and existing thin client users and make it easier, faster, and more cost-effective to deploy and run Citrix environments. Dell unveiled Wyse ThinOS 8.2, the latest release of its highly secure thin client software, which now offers Lync 2010, Lync 2013 and the Skype for Business client for Lync 2015 (UI mode) via the Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack. Dell also released a new version of its innovative Dell Appliance for Wyse - Citrix, a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) appliance which simplifies and merges the server, storage and networking components required to deploy a Citrix environment into an easy-to-buy 2U module that starts small and provides scale-out capabilities for up to 5,000 users with Citrix XenDesktop.
These solutions highlight Dell's commitment to accelerate the adoption of virtual desktop infrastructure across a vast range of use cases, making VDI an increasingly attractive option for organizations of all sizes, including smaller businesses, to deploy and manage throughout their Citrix architectures. Both solutions will be showcased in Dell booth #205 at Citrix Summit 2016 and are available through Dell or through Dell PartnerDirect partners.
Unified Communications Connectivity with Dell Wyse ThinOS 8.2
Dell Wyse ThinOS 8.2 is the latest release of Dell's highly secure, virus-mitigated thin client software installed in millions of thin clients that offers high performance desktop virtualization protocols with ease of management. Specifically available with the new ThinOS 8.2, the Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack for Microsoft Skype for Business 1.8, Lync 2010 and Lync 2013 provides clear, crisp high-definition audio/video calls in an optimized architecture. Workers can seamlessly participate in audio/video or audio-only calls to and from other Lync or Skype for Business users and other standards-based video desktop and conference room multipoint control unit (MCU) systems. All audio/video processing is offloaded from the server to the end-user device or terminal, optimizing the quality of the call with minimal impact on server or network scalability.
Features of Dell Wyse ThinOS 8.2 include:
- Unified Communications Connectivity: The Citrix HDX RealTime Optimization Pack for Lync included with ThinOS 8.2 supports Lync Server and Client 2010 and 2013, as well as the Skype for Business client in Lync 2015 (UI mode).
- Enhanced Security: The operating system includes updated security and encryption methods including support for TLS 1.2 with AES. ThinOS 8.2 also supports a robust 802.1x wired and wireless authentication security protocol suite.
- Backward Compatibility and Extended Product Support: ThinOS 8.2 can be installed on millions of existing Dell Wyse thin clients including the Wyse 5010, 7010 and 5040 AIO with ThinOS, and the Wyse 5010, and 5040 AIO with PCoIP.
Citrix-Based VDI: Faster, Easier to Deploy, and Now More Scalable for Smaller Organizations
The new release of the Dell Appliance for Wyse - Citrix adds new scalability capabilities to its already robust desktop virtualization appliance. Now able to scale up to 5,000 users, the appliance is one of the easiest ways for smaller organizations to purchase, deploy, scale and manage Citrix XenDesktop today. It is also an ideal platform for larger organizations to conduct a Citrix-based VDI proof-of-concept (PoC) or pilot environment prior to embarking on a larger-scale deployment. The VDI appliance provides organizations with a 'quick start tool' to enable people with basic IT admin and end-user support skills to rapidly configure the appliance and deploy desktops in a Citrix environment in as little as two hours, while also supporting scaling of the entire installation. With this refreshed solution, businesses and schools can now install an infrastructure that starts small and easily scales with lower complexity, while still being managed by existing IT generalist staff.
Key features of the solution include:
- Simplicity: The appliance is easy to plan, order, install, operate and manage, dramatically cutting the time to quickly and easily implement a VDI program.
- Scalability: The appliance scales to as many as 5,000 users, one appliance at a time.
- Heterogeneous Users: The infrastructure can support basic, advanced and professional users, and can leverage any compatible endpoints, all within the same appliance.
- End-to-End Solution: The appliance can be configured with Wyse thin clients optimized for Citrix HDX and Dell ProSupport[i] for an effective end-to-end VDI solution.
- Cost-effective: Organizations can start with a single server appliance purchase, and deliver XenDesktop shared sessions starting at $440 per user, or $576 per user for traditional desktop virtualization.
Steve Lalla, VP, Commercial Client Software and Solutions, Dell
"Dell is committed to continued innovation in the desktop cloud delivery space. Enhancements to our client products as well as providing more solutions for faster and easier deployment of the data center is critical as VDI gains momentum. Specifically, customers using our leading ThinOS software can now support unified communications efficiently in partnership with Citrix. This is complemented by enhancements to our appliance offerings, making VDI deployment with Citrix easier and more cost effective than ever."
Calvin Hsu, VP Product Marketing, Windows App Delivery, Citrix
"With offerings like the Dell Appliance for Wyse - Citrix and ThinOS 8.2 for Wyse thin clients, Dell continues to expand the reach of desktop virtualization to small and medium-sized organizations that are starting small and scaling fast, up to 5,000 users with a single appliance architecture with Citrix XenDesktop. These new solutions from Dell enable organizations to grow their business and reap the security and productivity benefits of Citrix VDI while controlling costs."
Pricing and Availability
- ThinOS 8.2 will be available in the United States and around the world on a selection of Wyse thin clients in January 2016. Customers with existing ThinOS products can access the new ThinOS 8.2 image at the Self Service Center.
- Dell Appliance for Wyse - Citrix will be available from Dell and through PartnerDirect partners in the United States and around the world starting in January 2016. Organizations can start with one appliance and deliver XenDesktop shared sessions starting at $440 per user, or $576 per user for traditional desktop virtualization.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.co.uk
Australia: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.com.au
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon.ca
Deutschland: Finde andere Technik- und Computerprodukte wie dieses auf Amazon.de