Gemalto (Euronext NL0000400653 GTO), the world leader in digital security, is delivering its bio-sourced Optelio EMV bank card to Banco Popular Dominicano, the leading bank in Dominican Republic. The green banking card is manufactured from renewable PLA* material derived from corn and allows Banco Popular to reduce the ecological footprint while ensuring an artistic, high quality product for cardholders.
The card is distributed by Gemalto's local reseller Secumatic and it is issued with the "FCB Escola de Santo Domingo" football school. The card provides customers with value added benefits including discounts on sporting event tickets and deals at major restaurants and hotels.
"Banco Popular Dominicano is committed to sustainability and Gemalto, as a long-term signatory to the United Nations Global Compact, stood out as the best partner to support us," said Austria Gomez, Bank Cards Vice President of Banco Popular Dominicano. "Banco Popular is demonstrating a new paradigm for commerce that values sustainability as a way to improve business, increase competitiveness and contribute to boost customer satisfaction."
"The bio sourced banking cards demonstrate our ongoing commitment to using materials and production processes that have a reduced environmental impact," said Rodrigo Serna, President for Latin America at Gemalto. "Furthermore, these innovative cards are delivered in an eco-friendly packaging made from recycled paper and printed with vegetable inks."
* Made from polylactic acid (PLA), a plastic substitute.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Far Cry 5's new trailer drops, shows off 'The Resistance'
- Bad Company 3 could be joined by new Battlefield set in WWII
- Battlegrounds already has over 1 million playing on Xbox One
- Xbox One X consoles come with PUBG for limited time
- Call of Duty WWII reigns U.S. game sales charts
- Patriot Viper V570 Blackout Gaming Mouse Review
- Cougar Puri TKL Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- OWC Mercury Helios 3 Thunderbolt 3 Enclosure Review
- Mionix Wei Ice Cream Mechanical Gaming Keyboard Review
- Unable to use all 3 M.2's for RAID 0
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series