Dell today announced at CES 2016 an expanded selection of Latitude commercial devices that combine industry-leading security, manageability and reliability features business customers demand with the stunning design, InfinityEdge display and premium materials employees crave. Adapted from the company's successful line of XPS consumer devices, the new additions across the Latitude and UltraSharp display lines represent the most comprehensive commercial products redesign in company history and demonstrate Dell's commitment to delivering an unmatched experience to satisfy and impress today's mobile business professional.
"For more than 20 years, Latitude products have been a leading choice among commercial customers worldwide for their unmatched security, manageability, reliability and support features," said Kirk Schell, vice president and general manager, commercial client solutions, Dell. "With the new Latitude line, we are delivering commercial devices employees will desire for being thinner, lighter and more capable than many of the most popular consumer products without compromising on the security and manageability requirements of IT."
In addition, Dell's commercial customers indicate they plan to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro sooner than they did with previous Windows operating system updates. Windows 10 offers the familiarity of Windows 7 with the touch-friendly features of Windows 8.1, so new devices such as 2-in-1s will provide a better user experience. Furthermore, Intel and Dell engineers developed a deep partnership to create a system that includes the latest Intel vPro processors to usher in premium platforms that will change the way businesses operate when it comes to collaboration, security and productivity. "Combining these advances with Dell's innovative small, portable commercial product designs, there has never been a better time to upgrade," said Schell.
Latitude 13 7000, Latitude 12 7000, Latitude 11 5000: beautiful design and features that impress
The Latitude portfolio was founded upon business-class security, manageability and reliability. The entire Latitude 3000, 5000 and 7000 Series has been completely refreshed with thin and light designs, excellent efficiency and powerful processing options. Dell has elevated its commercial lineup by taking design cues from its highly acclaimed XPS line, so commercial customers can enjoy the same sleek form factor and unique materials that deliver light weight and rigidity throughout the lineup. With an emphasis on creating beautiful products that people will be proud to carry, the addition of the Latitude 13 7000 Series Ultrabook, Latitude 12 7000 Series 2-in-1, and Latitude 11 5000 Series 2-in-1 build off of the key pillars that IT demands while offering the high performance needed for today's fast-paced and demanding work environments.
- The Dell Latitude 13 7000 Series Ultrabook is the world's smallest 13-inch business-class Ultrabook. Built using layers of unidirectional 40 ton carbon fiber, the same materials used in applications like spacecraft and aerospace, the Latitude 13 can endure the rigor of heavy business-use while maintaining an attractive allure (a machined aluminum option is available as well). The world's only business-class Ultrabook with InfinityEdge display, the ultra-thin bezel around the screen creates an enjoyable and exquisite viewing experience for presentations, documents and videos. In addition, the Latitude 13 contains the industry-standard USB Type-C allowing one cable for docking, power, video, audio and data. It also includes Thunderbolt 3 for 8x faster data transfer than USB 3.0 allowing end users to power two 4K displays simultaneously. A perfect fit for on-the-go employees, the laptop offers extended battery life and offers advanced security features - including a smartcard reader, fingerprint reader, RFID reader, and security and encryption software.
- Built for the mobile elite professional, the Dell Latitude 12 7000 Series 2-in-1 is one of the lightest 12.5-inch 2-in-1s available and provides the best of both world's for those who want the full functionality of a laptop, in performance and design, easily converted into a tablet. The unique design is free of cumbersome latches, locks or alignment pins, and instead uses magnets; easily transitioning from various use modes for maximum flexibility and productivity. The Latitude 12 offers a world-class ecosystem, including two keyboard options tailored for the professional's work style. The Dell Latitude 12 Slim Keyboard is full-sized, lightweight, well-spaced with backlit chiclet keys for effortless typing, and offers a full range of viewing angles. In addition, the Dell Latitude 12 Premium Keyboard single-handedly connects to the tablet, and features backlit keys and mouse cursor control with a high precision, gesture touchpad. With a slim 8mm screen, hardened Corning Gorilla Glass NBT and magnesium unibody build, and the only business 2-in-1 with a 4K UltraSharp UHD touch display, the Latitude 12 is an impressive and striking mobile device for the most demanding mobile professional.
- The Dell Latitude 11 5000 Series 2-in-1 is a thin and light 10.8-inch business-class 2-in-1 available with the world's best security and manageability features. Designed with beautiful, premium materials including lightweight magnesium and hardened glass, the Latitude 11 is an eye-catching productivity tool guaranteed to please any business professional's taste. Starting at just 1.56 pounds, the 2-in-1 is a simple, portable device that provides a seamless transition between tablet and laptop modes with strong pen accuracy for capturing hand-written inputs via the optional stylus. It offers IT and business professionals alike robust security and manageability capabilities, including comprehensive encryption, advanced authentication, cutting-edge malware prevention, and automated and streamlined system deployment, monitoring and updating.
Dell's first OLED monitor and the world's first InfinityEdge monitors: expands Dell's industry-leading monitor portfolio
Dell also unveiled a new collection of CES Innovation Award-winning monitors, including a stunning OLED monitor, two new InfinityEdge monitors that offer a virtually bezel-less display and two wireless monitors that allow mobile users to connect directly to the display without cables.
- The Dell UltraSharp 30 OLED monitor is Dell's first OLED monitor, bringing together the advantages of OLED display technology to PC professionals working in color-critical environments such as graphic arts and photography. The monitor delivers a cutting-edge typical contrast ratio of 400,000:1 that delivers "true black", coverage of industry color spaces such as AdobeRGB and DCI-P3, brilliantly detailed Ultra HD 4K resolution and an ultra-fast response time of 0.1 ms. It also supports USB Type-C enabling single cable power, video and data connectivity with compatible systems.
- The Dell UltraSharp InfinityEdge monitors feature the world's first InfinityEdge displays with ultra-thin borders. Designed with a complementing arm that offers greater adjustment flexibility and integrated cable management, this recipient of 2016 CES Awards in Innovation and Eco-Design helps maximize workspace and minimize desktop clutter. Both the 27-inch Quad HD and 23.8-inch Full HD resolution monitors support outstanding screen performance, color precision and extensive connectivity.
- The Dell UltraSharp 24 Wireless monitor and Dell 23 Wireless monitor are packed with the latest technology allowing users to wirelessly display and manage content from a Windows-powered laptop and Android smartphone concurrently via Miracast. The Dell 23 Wireless monitor has additional built-in speakers and a wireless charging stand for compatible mobile devices to enhance the no-wires experience.
Dell Dock and Dell Thunderbolt Dock: connecting the computing ecosystem
Critical to productivity and multitasking, Dell offers a comprehensive ecosystem of accessories to complete the working experience. Announced this fall, the Dell Dock and the Dell Thunderbolt Dock offer commercial users the opportunity to effectively integrate displays, mice and external keyboards. Both new docks are equipped with the next generation USB Type-C ports that support data, video and power through a single cable in a slim form factor. The Dell Dock is essential for desk workers, hotel cubes and hot desks, and conference room collaboration, while the Dell Thunderbolt Dock with Intel Thunderbolt 3 technology is a flawless fit for power users and traditional workstation clients, such as Dell Precision customers.
World Class Support
Dell's award winning support service, ProSupport Plus for PCs and Tablets is available with the new Latitude line. Backed by Dell's innovative SupportAssist technology, ProSupport Plus for PCs and Tablets is the only complete support service combining 24x7 priority access to expert support, accidental damage repair, and proactive, predictive monitoring for automatic issue prevention and resolution. With the solution customers spend up to 84 percent less time on technical support calls and take up to 58 percent fewer steps to resolve common hardware issues than key competitors. In addition, customers with 1,000 or more ProSupport Plus systems receive a dedicated Technical Account Manager who serves as a single point of accountability and provides monthly reporting.
Visit Dell at the Yardbird during CES 2016 and See How Much "We Love Your Work"
At CES, Dell is celebrating all of the inventive and innovative work our customers do using Dell technology. Themed "We Love Your Work", Dell is hosting an interactive gallery at the Yardbird Southern Table & Bar at the Venetian to highlight the diversity of different work in unique and eye-catching exhibits. The Dell space will be open Jan. 6 to 8 starting at 8am PT for all CES badge holders to stop by and check out the original installations, demos and creative "We Love Your Work" experience.
CES Innovation Awards
Dell is thrilled to announce multiple products selected as 2016 CES Innovation Award Honorees. Dell products taking home CES Innovation Awards, an annual competition honoring outstanding design and engineering in technology products, include:
- Latitude 13 7000 Series Laptop (Computer Hardware category)
- Latitude 12 7000 Series 2-in-1 (Tablets & E-Readers category)
- Latitude 12 Rugged Tablet (Tablets & E-Readers category)
- Precision 5510 Notebook (Computer Hardware category)
- XPS 12 (Computer Hardware category)
- UltraSharp OLED Monitors (Computer Peripherals category)
- UltraSharp Wireless Monitors (Computer Peripherals category)
- UltraSharp InfinityEdge Monitors (Computer Peripherals category)
- UltraSharp InfinityEdge Monitors (Eco-Design category)
Pricing and Availability (United States)
- The Latitude 11 5000 Series 2-in-1 (5175) will be available beginning early February 2016 on Dell.com in the United States starting at USD $749.
- The Latitude 12 7000 Series 2-in-1 (7275) will be available beginning early February 2016 on Dell.com in the United States starting at USD $1,049.
- The Latitude 13 7000 Series Laptop (7370) will be available beginning March 8, 2016 on Dell.com in the United States starting at USD $1,299.
- The Dell Dock and Dell Thunderbolt Dock will be available beginning January 28, 2016 on Dell.com in the United States at USD $199 and USD $299.
- The Dell UltraSharp 30 OLED monitor will be available March 31, 2016 on Dell.com in the United States starting at USD $4,999.
- The Dell UltraSharp 27 InfinityEdge monitor will be available February 25, 2016 on Dell.com in the United States starting at USD $719. The Dell UltraSharp 24 InfinityEdge monitor will be available February 25, 2016 on Dell.com in the United States starting at USD $349.
- The Dell UltraSharp 24 Wireless monitor will be available March 31, 2016 on Dell.com in the United States starting at USD $469. The Dell 23 Wireless monitor will be available March 31, 2016 on Dell.com in the United States starting at USD $429.
 According to 2015 TSIA Star Awards win.
 Based on a Dell analysis dated Oct. 2014. All ProSupport Plus features not available on all products. For more information see: https://www.dell.com/prosupportplus.
 Based on Nov 2014 Principled Technologies Test Report commissioned by Dell. Actual results will vary. Full report can be found at http://facts.pt/14dh1gl.;
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Broker: Nintendo to sell 130 million Switch by 2020
- Intel delays 10nm CPU tech for the third time: late 2018
- Sarah Connor is back, new Terminator movie with Arnie
- Toshiba to sell memory business for $18 billion
- GeIL add the Super Luce RGB Lite Series to their range
- Plextor M8Se 256GB & 512GB NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- ad240ehdgmbox on m3a785gmh/128m mainboard?
- 8K benched: RX Vega 64 vs. GTX 1080 Ti vs. TITAN Xp SLI
- AMD X399 TR4 Threadripper Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Gigabyte System Information Viewer
- In Win Launches 'Wood-infused' 305 Mid-Tower PC Chassis
- Micron appoints Anand Jayapalan as Storage Business Unit Vice President
- Bluehole, Inc and Microsoft announce expanded partnership for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds
- Optimize system performance with new drive adapter
- Lian Li reveals new PC-Q39 tempered glass Mini-ITX tower