Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. (SCE) today announced that the PlayStation4 (PS4) computer entertainment system has sold through more than 5.7 million units*1 during the 2015 holiday season*2. PS4 has now cumulatively sold through more than 35.9 million units globally as of January 3, 2016.
With robust support from users and partners from around the globe, PS4 software sales also remained strong during the 2015 holiday season*2 with more than 35 million*3 copies sold in retail stores worldwide and through digital downloads on PlayStationStore as of January 3, 2016.
In addition, 60% more users subscribed to PlayStation Plus (PS Plus) at the end of 2015*4 compared to the same period the previous year*5. Subscribers to PS Plus have access to a wide variety of features such as "Monthly Games", which allow members to play full versions of popular titles from third party developers and publishers, as well as from SCE Worldwide Studios, with no time limits or extra costs. PS4 owners have also been enjoying online multiplayer with PS Plus.
"We are absolutely delighted that so many customers have selected PS4 as the best place to play throughout this holiday season and that the PS4 community is growing more than ever," said Andrew House, President and Global CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. "We remain steadfast in our commitment to deliver innovative entertainment experiences, and look forward to bringing an unprecedented games portfolio from third party developers and publishers and SCE Worldwide Studios, including UNCHARTED 4: A Thief's End, Horizon Zero Dawn and The Last Guardian, this coming year."
Michael Ephraim, Managing Director of Sony Computer Entertainment ANZ said, "I am so pleased to see the strong momentum PS4 enjoyed during the holiday period globally was also reflected in ANZ. 2016 is set to be a great year as our line up of games looks fantastic, and we continue to expand on our already robust line up of movies, TV and music content ensuring PlayStation has something for the whole family."
SCE will continue to expand the world of PS4 to deliver entertainment experiences that are only possible on PlayStation.
The PS4 system is currently available in 124 countries and regions*6 worldwide.
*1 Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SCEI. PS4 sales data in Japan and Asia collected 11/23/2015 - 1/3/2016, in North America, Europe and Latin America collected 11/22/2015 - 1/2/2016.
*2 11/23/2015 - 1/3/2016 in Japan and Asia, 11/22/2015 - 1/2/2016 in North America, Latin America and Europe.
*3 Number of retail sales to consumers is estimated by SCEI. Sales data in Japan collected 2/22/2014 - 1/3/2016, in North America collected 11/15/2013 - 1/2/2016, in Europe and Latin America collected 11/29/2013 - 1/2/2016, and in Asia collected 12/17/2013 - 1/3/2015. Does not include add-on content.
*5 11/24/2015 - 12/22/2015.
*5 11/24/2014 - 12/22/2014.
*6 As of 11/16/2015.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PUBG released on iOS and Android in the US
- NVIDIA teases 'future generation GPU architectures' at GDC
- Kingdome Come: Deliverance mod brings 'Ultimate Realism'
- Hunt: Showdown displayed in the amazing CRYENGINE V demo
- God of War could be the best looking game on the PS4 Pro
- TRENDnet Four Channel DVR Kit Review
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit