One of Corning Incorporated's newest high-tech innovations - Corning Iris(TM) Glass - is helping high-profile Chinese company LeTV launch a large and remarkably thin TV with brilliant, lifelike images.
Iris Glass forms the light-guide plate (LGP) for LeTV's new 70-inch television - the Super TV Max 70 - now available in China. The Iris Glass substrate is a key component for edge-lit technology because it distributes and directs light through the front of the TV, enabling vibrant pictures. The Super TV Max 70 is the first TV design in China to incorporate Iris Glass.
"Corning is delighted to support LeTV's strategy of bringing the latest innovative products to consumers," said Andrew Beck, director, Iris Glass program. "Today's announcement is yet another example of Corning's ability to leverage a core technology and a proprietary manufacturing process to produce a remarkably thin TV that delivers a bright, immersive viewing experience."
Historically, display designers have used plastic light guide plates, which are highly susceptible to heat and humidity. This leads to design trade-offs resulting in thicker sets and wider bezels. Iris Glass not only becomes a third piece of glass in the TV design, but it also eliminates design compromises by offering optically pure glass which is both dimensionally and thermally stable. This enables brands and designers to achieve significantly thinner sets and bezels than were previously attainable using plastic.
"Corning Iris(TM) Glass enabled our Super TV Max 70 to bring an exceptional viewing experience to the consumers without sacrificing size or thinness," said Wang Zhi, product director for LeTV. "We are excited to continue exploring new possibilities in collaboration with Corning."
Optically, Iris Glass delivers the bright, realistic color quality consumers demand by delivering high optical transmission and negligible color shift, resulting in several other prominent electronics manufacturers having designed Iris Glass into their edge-lit LCD TVs over the past year.
Latest News Posts
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, 5th best selling game for 2018
- Nintendo to reveal 'Indie Highlights' games for Switch 2019
- Overwatch tease 'Lunar New Year' Chinese dynasty theme skins
- FromSoftware President wouldn't mind a Demon Souls Remaster
- Resident Evil 2 to get 'Ghost Survivors' mode after launch
- Fractal Design Meshify S2 Black Dark TG Mid-Tower Review
- Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD Review - The 96-Layer Refresh
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- AZZ Inc. Issues Fiscal Year 2020 Guidance; Revenue of $950 - $1,030 million and Earnings per Share of $2.25 - $2.75
- The mobile communication antenna market will register a CAGR of over 6% by 2023
- Tractica and ConnecTechAsia Team Up with Knowledge Partnership
- ODEM Applauds Blockchain Centre Vilnius on Its First Anniversary
- Dale North Kicks Off PERFECT SELECTION Compilation Series