Seagate Technology plc (NASDAQ:STX) today announced that its Board of Directors has approved a 17 percent increase in the company's targeted regular cash dividend. The targeted annual dividend will increase from $2.16 to $2.52 per share and will continue to be paid quarterly. The first payment at the new quarterly rate of $0.63 per share is scheduled to be paid on November 20, 2015 to shareholders of record as of the close of business on November 6, 2015. The declaration and payment of any future quarterly dividends will continue to be at the discretion of the Board of Directors and will be dependent upon Seagate's financial position, results of operations, available cash, cash flow, capital requirements and other factors deemed relevant by the Board.
"Today's increase in our dividend targets reflects our confidence in Seagate's ability to continue to generate sustainable operating cash flow and maintain a strong balance sheet," said Steve Luczo, Seagate chairman and chief executive officer. "This is consistent with our capital allocation priorities we have previously articulated, including returning cash to shareholders through dividends and share redemption."
Latest News Posts
- AMD 50th anniversary Radeon VII, Ryzen 7 2700X teased
- Halo TV show will deliver character-focused storytelling
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 430.39 drivers: ready for GTX 1650
- Digital Storm teases GeForce RTX 2070 Max-P gaming laptops
- NVIDIA's new GeForce GTX 1650 starts at $149 and uses 75W
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Preview
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)
- The Game Industry Conference calls for Speakers
- Fantasy Smith VR is on Steam now, come make magical weapons for the cute adventurers!
- Monster Hunter Returns to Puzzle & Dragons in Fan-Favorite Collab
- As Esports Industry Grows, Doctors Address Needs of Unique New Athletes