Logitech International (SIX:LOGN) (Nasdaq:LOGI) today announced financial results for the second quarter of Fiscal Year 2016.
- Q2 sales were $540 million, up 2 percent compared to Q2 of the prior year. Q2 retail sales (total sales excluding OEM and Lifesize) were $496 million and grew 12 percent in constant currency.
- Q2 GAAP operating income was $26 million. Q2 GAAP earnings per share (EPS) were $0.11, compared to $0.22 in the same quarter a year ago.
- Q2 non-GAAP operating income was $42 million, with non-GAAP EPS of $0.22, compared to $0.31 in the same quarter a year ago.
"I'm excited by our performance this quarter. We delivered our best retail sales growth in almost five years, exceeding expectations," said Bracken P. Darrell, Logitech president and chief executive officer. "Our growth was broad-based across categories and regions. In constant currency, Americas grew 9 percent, EMEA grew 7 percent and Asia Pacific grew 26 percent. In our Growth category, Gaming, Video Collaboration and Mobile Speakers each grew more than 50 percent. Our reinvigorated innovation engine and commitment to design are delivering powerfully and we have strong momentum heading into the holiday peak season."
Logitech confirmed its FY 2016 outlook of $150 million in non-GAAP operating income and 7 percent growth for retail sales in constant currency.
Prepared Remarks Available Online
Logitech has made its prepared written remarks for the financial results teleconference available online on the Logitech corporate Web site at http://ir.logitech.com.
Financial Results Teleconference and Webcast
Logitech will hold a financial results teleconference to discuss the results for Q2 FY 2016 on Oct. 22, 2015 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time and 2:30 p.m. Central European Summer Time. A live webcast of the call will be available on the Logitech corporate website at http://ir.logitech.com.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information
To facilitate comparisons to Logitech's historical results, Logitech has included non-GAAP adjusted measures, which exclude share-based compensation expense, amortization of other intangible assets, restructuring charges (credits), other restructuring-related charges, investment impairment (recovery), benefit from (provision for) income taxes, one-time special charges and other items detailed under "Supplemental Financial Information" after the tables below. Logitech also presents percentage sales growth in constant currency, a non-GAAP measure, to show performance unaffected by fluctuations in currency exchange rates. Percentage sales growth in constant currency is calculated by translating prior period sales in each local currency at the current period's average exchange rate for that currency and comparing that to current period sales. Logitech believes this information will help investors to evaluate its current period performance and trends in its business. With respect to the Company's outlook for non-GAAP operating income, most of these excluded amounts pertain to events that have not yet occurred and are not currently possible to estimate with a reasonable degree of accuracy. Therefore, no reconciliation to the GAAP amounts has been provided for Fiscal Year 2016.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard