Logitech International (SIX:LOGN) (Nasdaq:LOGI) today announced financial results for the second quarter of Fiscal Year 2016.
- Q2 sales were $540 million, up 2 percent compared to Q2 of the prior year. Q2 retail sales (total sales excluding OEM and Lifesize) were $496 million and grew 12 percent in constant currency.
- Q2 GAAP operating income was $26 million. Q2 GAAP earnings per share (EPS) were $0.11, compared to $0.22 in the same quarter a year ago.
- Q2 non-GAAP operating income was $42 million, with non-GAAP EPS of $0.22, compared to $0.31 in the same quarter a year ago.
"I'm excited by our performance this quarter. We delivered our best retail sales growth in almost five years, exceeding expectations," said Bracken P. Darrell, Logitech president and chief executive officer. "Our growth was broad-based across categories and regions. In constant currency, Americas grew 9 percent, EMEA grew 7 percent and Asia Pacific grew 26 percent. In our Growth category, Gaming, Video Collaboration and Mobile Speakers each grew more than 50 percent. Our reinvigorated innovation engine and commitment to design are delivering powerfully and we have strong momentum heading into the holiday peak season."
Logitech confirmed its FY 2016 outlook of $150 million in non-GAAP operating income and 7 percent growth for retail sales in constant currency.
Prepared Remarks Available Online
Logitech has made its prepared written remarks for the financial results teleconference available online on the Logitech corporate Web site at http://ir.logitech.com.
Financial Results Teleconference and Webcast
Logitech will hold a financial results teleconference to discuss the results for Q2 FY 2016 on Oct. 22, 2015 at 8:30 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time and 2:30 p.m. Central European Summer Time. A live webcast of the call will be available on the Logitech corporate website at http://ir.logitech.com.
Use of Non-GAAP Financial Information
To facilitate comparisons to Logitech's historical results, Logitech has included non-GAAP adjusted measures, which exclude share-based compensation expense, amortization of other intangible assets, restructuring charges (credits), other restructuring-related charges, investment impairment (recovery), benefit from (provision for) income taxes, one-time special charges and other items detailed under "Supplemental Financial Information" after the tables below. Logitech also presents percentage sales growth in constant currency, a non-GAAP measure, to show performance unaffected by fluctuations in currency exchange rates. Percentage sales growth in constant currency is calculated by translating prior period sales in each local currency at the current period's average exchange rate for that currency and comparing that to current period sales. Logitech believes this information will help investors to evaluate its current period performance and trends in its business. With respect to the Company's outlook for non-GAAP operating income, most of these excluded amounts pertain to events that have not yet occurred and are not currently possible to estimate with a reasonable degree of accuracy. Therefore, no reconciliation to the GAAP amounts has been provided for Fiscal Year 2016.
Recommended for You
Latest News Posts
- PS4 exclusive Days Gone delayed to April 2019
- Thronebreaker gameplay shows blend of RPG and CCG
- Path of Exile coming to PS4, ratings listing suggests
- Red Dead Redemption 2 listed for PC
- AMD's new Radeon RX 590 teased with ASUS ROG STRIX card
- Intel Core i9-9900K 9th Gen Coffee Lake Review
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam