ASUS China is giving away some 16-pin PCIe 5.0 power cables for its enthusiast-grade ROG Thor PSU family.
If you don't have or won't be buying NVIDIA's new flagship GeForce RTX 3090 Ti graphics card, the new 16-pin PCIe 5.0 power cable is kinda useless for now. But if you are... well, this cable is very useful. If you are buying a next-gen GPU when they roll around with NVIDIA's new Ada Lovelace GPUs and AMD's new RDNA 3 GPUs will rock some high TDPs.
But over in China, select retailers are giving away the 600W-ready 16-pin PCIe 5.0-ready power connector with its ROG Thor I 1200W and ROG Thor II 1000W PSUs. There are limitations on this, with reports that the PCIe 5.0 power cables are only bundled with ROG Thor/Thor II PSUs that were recently purchased.
- Read more: ASUS' first ROG Thor II PSU: PCIe 5.0 cable down to 450W from 600W
- Read more: ASUS intros ROG Thor 1600W PSU: has PCIe 5.0 ready power connectors
- Read more: ASUS ROG Loki SFX-L: up to 1200W, 16-pin PCIe 5.0 power for up to 600W
We don't yet know if it's a single 16-pin to 16-pin PCIe 5.0 cable, or a 16-pin to 4 x 8-pin PCIe adapter... but 600W of power is right there on the image. I guess we'll have to wait and see...
- > NEXT STORY: Matrix Awakens 'City Sample' Unreal Engine 5 free download announced
- < PREVIOUS STORY: The new Tomb Raider game is being built on next-gen Unreal Engine 5