A new Halo Infinite BTB fix has been playtested and is waiting to be greenlit by Xbox's QA teams.
After 3 months of malfunctioning matchmaking and one failed update, Halo Infinite's Big Team Battle is still having issues. 343i is on the case and says a new patch is currently in certification...but it won't be ready until February 3 at the earliest. For now BTB will still remain broken, but the devs will remove challenges from BTB starting February 1.
"Using the telemetry we received from the hotfix on January 19, we were able to make a new build with an update that we believe should address the core issue impacting the BTB playlist. The studio ran a successful playtest today and plans to send it off for certification on Monday," Halo community manager John Junyszek said in a forum post.
"After it's sent off, it will take some time to go through the certification process and to find out if it's approved. Once it's approved, we'll begin preparing to release it to the public. Since there's still a little more of the internal release process to go through, the earliest we'd expect this hotfix to land would be next Thursday, February 3."
- Behemoth CTF has been removed from ranked playlists and won't return until "vigorous testing" is complete
- Cyber Showdown visors won't get centered until Season 2
- Cosmetics will get broken up as piecemeal purchases
- > NEXT STORY: Halo Infinite's new gametype is aimed at casual recreational players
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Ubisoft clearly doesn't get NFT market, Quartz NFTs are bad business