Cyberpunk 2077's astronomical 13.7 million game sales surge CD Projekt's earnings to new heights.
CD Projekt's Q4 is not only the best-performing quarter in history, but it actually dwarfs previous yearly earnings too. CD Projekt made more money in one quarter than it has ever earned in a full year's time, and it's mostly thanks to Cyberpunk 2077's 13.7 million unit sales in 21 weeks.
CD Projekt Group earnings with full-year and quarterly comparisons.
According to recent company financials, CD Projekt made 1.67 billion PLN in Q4 2020 ($447 million as of December 2020) in net sales in Q4, which is more than CD Projekt made the entire year of 2015, the second-highest period which included 8 months of Witcher 3 game sales.
CD Projekt Group earnings listed by quarter.
- Read Also: Cyberpunk 2077's development was one of the biggest investments in gaming history
- Read Also: Cyberpunk 2077 sold more on PC than PS4 and Xbox One combined
Q4's operating profit and net sales are also higher than any full-year earnings, too: CDPR managed to pull in 979.24 million PLN in operating profit ($260.71 million), and 984.18 million PLN in total net profit ($263.85 million).
2020's total-year earnings set a new watermark for the company.
CD Projekt Group 2020 Annual Revenues
- Net Sales - 2.13 billion PLN ($573.4 million)
- Operating Profit -1.15 billion PLN ($310.2 million)
- Net Profit - 1.54 billion PLN ($309.4 million)
- > NEXT STORY: New Judgment trailer shows game breaking 30FPS on PS5, Xbox Series X
- < PREVIOUS STORY: PS5's Returnal may hit 4K 60FPS with ray tracing on