Chinese billionaire and Alibaba founder Jack Ma hasn't been seen in public in over two months, and he didn't even appear in the final episode of his own talent shot -- Africa's Business Heroes.
Africa's Business Heroes is a talent show that sees entrepreneurs in Africa competing for a chunk of $1.5 million, with Ma part of the judging panel. In the end, the November 2020 episode of Africa's Business Heroes was shot without Ma in presence -- in his place was another Alibaba executive.
The quick takeaway:
- The billionaire criticized China's regulators and its state-own banks in November 2020
- $37 billion IPO of Ma's company Ant Group was suspended shortly after
- Ma hasn't been seen since
An Alibaba spokesperson explained: "Due to a schedule conflict Mr Ma could no longer be part of the finale judge panel of Africa's Business Heroes earlier this year (2020)".
- > NEXT STORY: Xbox set to push new frontiers in 1-2 years, Phil Spencer teases
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Sony discontinuing multiple PlayStation 4 console SKUs in Japan