We've compiled the earnings reporting dates for gaming's top companies so you can track the numbers, announcements, and insights from executives.
Gaming's top earners are all ramping up for next-gen games. Third-party devs like Take-Two, Ubisoft, EA, Activision-Blizzard, Square Enix and Capcom are all working on their respective PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X titles, whereas Sony and Microsoft are gearing up their hardware platforms, ecosystems, and infrastructures for a whole new generation of gaming. So it's now more important than ever to pay close attention to earnings calls, reports, figures, and other data from these companies because they give critical feedback and insight on what's to come.
These reports are how I predicted Anthem would be an action game, not an RPG, for example, and how I made educated guesses that Battlefront II would be monetized with microtransactions. What these companies say in these calls and reports ultimately dictates their future, simply because they have to telegraph key info to investors, or the people that really power their companies.
In an effort to arm our readers with as much info as possible and check out the reports on their own, we've compiled a handy list of quarterly earning report timings for gaming's biggest companies.
Today we already have two heavy-hitters announcing their earnings. Ubisoft's Q1'21 earnings report is now live (expect a breakdown of that soon), and Microsoft's Q4 report goes live today at 5:30 EST.
Check below for a text-based list:
Gaming Earnings Calendar
Dates listed from soonest to latest.
CY = Calendar Year
FY = Fiscal Year
- Microsoft -FY Q4'20 Wednesday, July 22, 2020
- Ubisoft - FY Q1'21 Wednesday, July 22, 2020
- EA - FY Q1'21 Thursday, July 30, 2020
- Take-Two Interactive -FY Q1'21 Monday, August 3, 2020
- Capcom - FY Q1'20 Monday, August 3, 2020
- Activision-Blizzard - CY Q2'20 Tuesday, August 4, 2020
- Konami - FY Q1'20 Thursday, August 6, 2020
- Nintendo - FY Q1'21 Thursday, August 6, 2020
- Nexon - CY Q2'20 Thursday, August 6, 2020
- Net Marble - CY Q2'20 Thursday, August 6, 2020
- Bandai Namco - FY Q1'20 Friday, August 7, 2020
- Sony -FY Q1'20 Saturday, August 8, 2020
- Tencent - CY Q2'20 Wednesday, August 12, 2020
- THQ Nordic (Embracer) - FY Q1'20 Thursday, August 13, 2020
- Remedy Entertainment -CY H1'20 Friday, August 14, 2020
- CD Projekt -CY Q2'20/H1'20 Thursday, September 3, 2020
- Square Enix - FY Q1'20 Late July
- SEGA - FY Q1'20 Late July
- NetEase - FY Q1'20 TBA
- > NEXT STORY: Ubisoft execs won't get bonuses unless their teams are happy
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Star Trek's George Takei lends voice to new Yakuza game's English dubs