If you're an old school gamer like me you would've spent countless hours destroying your keyboard (no mice were for gaming back then, nubs) playing Doom and its sequel, Doom 2.
But now, Bethesda is upcoming the original Doom 1 and Doom 2 with a bunch of new features including the ability to crank right up to the where-glorious-gaming-begins 60FPS. The company will be adding in a bunch of community-created content features, where Bethesda will be curating, and approving them before they're made available.
Doom and Doom 2 will see the community-driven updates and 60FPS goodness delivered through the Bethesda launcher. You'll get glorious 60FPS support as well as improved support, and quick save and quick load functions.
If you don't already own Doom 1 or Doom 2, then you can grab them from Bethesda.net for just $5 each.
Last updated: Jan 10, 2020 at 06:11 am CST
- DOOM, DOOM II, and DOOM III are under $3 for Nintendo Switch
- Doom Eternal runs at 1440p 60FPS on PS4 Pro, 1800p 60FPS on Xbox One X
- Ultimate Doom game bundle coming to consoles, PC
- Doom Eternal runs at 60FPS on all consoles, but 1000FPS on PC
- Doom Eternal is massively replayable, to expand with content updates
- > NEXT STORY: Capcom producer: Resident Evil 3 Remake won't have multiple endings
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Intel Core i9-10900K: 10-core CPU might use 300W power or more