Niantic gripped the mobile gaming world with its gigantic release of Pokemon GO, which has been a money printing machine since its launch. But how well did the game do in 2019? Very well.
Pokemon GO been downloaded over 1 billion times so far, with 55 million downloads in 2019 alone and has made over $3 billion since its release -- but it made a record $894 million in player spending 2019 alone. Niantic has an approximate valuation of $4 billion back in December 2018, where they raised $200 million in capital.
Over 1/3 of the player spending for Pokemon GO is coming from the US, with $335 million spent by players in the game. Pokemon GO is super-dominate in the location-based game world, where it makes more than the 6 other location-based games on the market, combined.
Last updated: Jan 10, 2020 at 06:11 am CST
- 200 classic Pokemon coming to Sword and Shield in $30 expansion pass
- Pokemon Home costs $16 a year, but there's a free version too
- Pokemon Home will cost money, coming in February
- Pokemon Sword and Shield sold 16 million copies in one month
- Pokemon boycott didn't work, Sword and Shield sell 6 million copies
- > NEXT STORY: Intel Core i9-10900K: 10-core CPU might use 300W power or more
- < PREVIOUS STORY: AMD Radeon GPU appears, beats GeForce RTX 2080 Ti by 17%