Sony Bend's new zombie survival game Days Gone has been delayed into next year, Sony Interactive Entertainment has confirmed.
Speculation started when Days Gone's official game page was updated to a 2019 release, and now Sony verified the push back to various outlets. The company gave no reason behind the delay, ie that Sony Bend needed more time to optimize or polish, but it's not always as simple--Sony might've needed to fill a hole in its games lineup or the studio actually needed more time, or both.
Starting in FY2018, Sony says it will focus even more on strong first-party games in a bid to improve the PlayStation ecosystem's attractiveness to new and existing gamers. We may get specifics when the company outlines its new Mid-Year plan in the coming months, and maybe even some clues on the upcoming PlayStation 5 console to boot.
A concrete release date should be revealed at Sony's E3 2018 presence in June.
Last updated: Mar 11, 2018 at 06:11 am CDT
- Spring promotion: Windows 10 Pro key $10.55 + Office 2019 Pro $33.96
- GoodOffer24 Lunar New Year Sale: Windows 10 Pro for $12.40 and more
- Blizzard unveils the entire BlizzCon 2019 schedule
- Xmas Deals at GoodOffer24: Extra 20% OFF Antivirus + FREE Windows 10
- Black Friday at GoodOffer24: Windows 10 Pro for just $10.62 and more
- > NEXT STORY: Mass Effect writer Drew Karpyshyn leaves BioWare once more
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Xbox One X FreeSync testing begins next week