Micron has just announced a slew of new microSD cards that have been designed for the video surveillance, with the new industrial microSD cards coming in 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB capacities.
The new industrial microSD cards are designed for both commercial and enterprise surveillance, with Micron working with Shenzhen Security and Protection Industry Association (SSPIA) and China channel partner, Jinyu Global. Most of the microSD cards on the market aren't built to be used 24/7, but Micron's new industrial microSD cards have been designed for higher endurance and reliability with claims of mean time between failure of 3 million hours.
Micron has tapped their impressive 64-tier 3D-NAND technology, with storage densities of 32GB/64GB/128GB/256GB, with the 32GB and 64GB models available now, and the 128GB and 256GB models to begin being shipped in volume amounts in Q2 2018.
Micron industrial microSD card features:
- Storage densities of 32GB, 64GB, and forthcoming ultra-high-densities of 128GB and 256GB, which enable more video to be stored at the edge, giving system designers increased flexibility
- Over three years of high-quality, continuous, 24x7 video recording in a wide range of temperatures and environments
- Technology for the cards to self-monitor and provide information on card usage and expected useful life remaining for each card
- Special firmware designed for continuous video recording, which minimizes frame drops and video loss
- > NEXT STORY: Dota 2 Dueling Fates update is live
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Battlegrounds v1.0 release confirmed for late December