Rocket League continues to amass gamers, with over 33 million players across all platforms that Rocket League is available on, something developer Psyonix announced today.
Better yet, the developer has announced that Rocket League's new Anniversary Update will be pushed out today, including the new freer area 'Champions Field'. There's also a slew of new content, including:
- FREE Rick & Morty Customization items distributed as Common drops after online and offline matches, including Rick and Morty Antennas, 'Cromulon,' 'Mr. Meeseeks,' and 'Mr. PBH' Toppers, an 'Interdimensional GB' Rocket Boost, and 'Sanchez DC-137' Wheels
- 'Rocket League Radio,' which adds a new default music playlist "Rocket League x Monstercat" with 18 new tracks from EDM music label Monstercat
- New Import Battle-Cars 'Animus GP' and 'Centio V17,' available exclusively as drops inside the new 'Overdrive Crate'
- New Overdrive Crate with the potential to unlock animated decals, brand-new trails, and more
- New customization options like 'Engine Audio,' 'Goal Explosions,' and 'Trails' that are a mix of FREE selections and Crate drops
- End to 'Competitive Season 4' and Trail rewards distributed to competing players based on their highest skill tier reached
- Beginning of 'Competitive Season 5' with new changes
- Six new achievements and trophies
- and more!