Zelda: Breath of the Wild feels alive in no small part thanks to its array of humorous, lovable, and extremely cute NPCs.
Breath of the Wild isn't just a beautiful game filled with enchanting majesty and fantasy: it's also filled with whimsy, charm, and heart-warming characters. As the first true open-world game in the series, I thought perhaps the whimsical elements would be put on the back burner. Boy was I wrong: the NPCs are absolutely amazing and go massive lengths to make the world of Hyrule feel alive. Everyone you meet in the game leaves an impression and adds a very real sense of agency to the world itself.
I'll be the first to admit I've barely scratched the surface of the game, but I wanted to share some of the quirky NPCs and how they've made me smile throughout my journeys.
P.S. Hestu is the best so far, but Purha is a very close second.
I also absolutely love Aster from Hateno Town...the Shakeeen! thing cracks me up every time. Magda was hilarious too...although she really gave me quite a thrashing for stepping on those shrine flowers. Sadly I haven't meant any of the fabled warriors or the Gerudo ladies with the ripped abs, so I'll update this post when I do!
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 06:07 am CDT
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild 2 rumor: not coming in 2020
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild is fully playable in VR on the PC
- Artist creates 3D wooden masterpiece of Zelda: Breath of the Wild map
- A life-size Zelda: Breath of the Wild weapons stockpile has been made
- Nintendo to keep games fresh with new experimental focus
- > NEXT STORY: Why do Nintendo Switch games cost more?
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Project Scorpio store page hints at incoming reveal