Apple might have unveiled its new MacBook Pro to the world with excitement, and while it is a beautiful machine - with it smaller and thinner than previous MBPs, and it rocks the new OLED touch bar - it's let down by its Thunderbolt 3/USB-C ports, a courageous move.
Well, if you want to plug anything into your new MacBook Pro, you're going to need to throw down some benjamins on dongles. Yeah, lots of them. If you want to plug an HDMI cable into it and display your MacBook Pro on the TV, buy a dongle. Need an Ethernet jack? Dongle. SD card? Dongle. VGA port? Dongle. How about older Thunderbolt 2 devices? Dongle. What about your new iPhone 7? Dongle.
BGR went through the list of dongles you'd need, and it adds up quickly:
- USB-C Digital AV Multiport Adapter - $69
- SanDisk Extreme Pro SD UHS-II Card USB-C Reader - $49.95
- Belkin USB-C to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter - $34.95
- Belkin USB-C to VGA Adapter - $39.95
- Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter - $49
- Total: $269.40
- > NEXT STORY: This is the retail box of the PS4 Pro, nothing fancy
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Hello Games tweets 'No Man's Sky was a mistake'