Google has applied for a patent on bathroom devices that monitor your health. Among them: a pressure and electrical-sensing mat, a color-sensing bathroom mirror, an ultrasonic bathtub, a pressure-sensing toilet seat, and a radar-field device.
Some monitor your body by sending out sound waves, electromagnetic waves, electrical signals, and various forms of radiation, among other techniques, the data from which could be sent to health professionals. The devices can monitor your blood pressure and various parts of your body to determine specific health issues, like an impaired knee or overworked heart.
This isn't Google's first foray into the medical technology field: previously it explored Google Lens, a device that monitored sugar levels via an electronic eye lens.
Last updated: Sep 1, 2017 at 05:14 am CDT
- Phison and Enmotus reveal new MiDrive NVME SSDs
- This next-gen door handle kills 99.8% of germs and is self-powered
- Activision hires Google ecommerce, transaction pro as new president
- Researchers manipulate light through matter revealing intelligence
- It's hard to get excited about Stadia's first-party games and studios
- > NEXT STORY: Galaxy Note 7 display capable of over 1000 nits
- < PREVIOUS STORY: JDI's new 5.5-inch mobile LCD with barely-there bezels