Traffic app Waze has arguably been the best of its kind for some time now, except for two major flaws: a wretched interface and high battery consumption. Both are fixed today with the new 4.0 update, which brings numerous quality of life improvements:
• Fresh new design for easier navigation, reporting, and sharing.
• Significantly reduced battery consumption.
• Fewer taps to start a drive, send locations and directions.
• New ETA panel organizes everything you need in one place. View reports, check alternate routes, add a stop on the way, or instantly send ETA to friends and family.
• Smart reminders to leave on time for your Calendar events based on traffic conditions and drive times.
If you haven't tried it yet and are wondering why you should over Google Maps, those who prefer it say they enjoy the more aggressive rerouting and reports on police activity, hazards (including potholes), and so on.
You can grab the new version at the source.
- > NEXT STORY: CD Projekt RED will release Cyberpunk 2077 and another AAA RPG by 2021
- < PREVIOUS STORY: CD Projekt RED teases new 'experimental' game for 2016