Nintendo will release Yoshi's Wooly World for the Wii U in early 2015, with the Good-Feel Company game developer firm providing assistance. Yoshi's Wooly World presents a unique gaming environment, featuring characters made of yarn, wool and other materials. The game was originally shown off during E3 2014 earlier this year, but Nintendo only confirmed it would be released sometime in 2015.
"We said we wanted to make a Yoshi game, but we asked them to use the yarn and fabric as materials for creating new gameplay mechanics to create a new kind of Yoshi game filled with those kinds of elements," said Takashi Tezuka, Nintendo video game designer, during a Nintendo Direct presentation.
It has been an extremely busy time for console manufacturers and game studios, and Nintendo has enjoyed recent success with the Wii U. The launch of Yoshi's Wooly World in early 2015 could help generate additional sales for the gaming unit.
- If you break your Switch during quarantine, Nintendo won't repair it
- Switch Pro with 4K gaming coming in 2020 at $399, analyst predicts
- The Game Award nominees are officially revealed, who will win GOTY?
- Nintendo to keep games fresh with new experimental focus
- New Switch Pro isn't coming in 2020, Nintendo says
- > NEXT STORY: FBI says cyberattack that hit Sony would have worked against others
- < PREVIOUS STORY: NASA developing new biodegradable drone, helps the environment