Hardware maker ASRock introduced the X99 WS-E/10G motherboard, the latest X99 enthusiast and workstation motherboard supporting Dual Intel X540 10GBase-T LAN, quad LAN, Windows Server OS, and supporting PCIe Gen3 video cards (4-way SLI or CrossFire X).
ASRock included support for LGA 2011-3 CPUs that range from 18 core 160W Xeon E5-16000/2600 V3 CPUs to unlocked Intel Core i7 CPUs. The X99 WS-E/10G also has eight DDR4 memory slots with support for UDIMM/RDIMM memory modules up to 128GB capacity. There are 12 SATA3 ports, 1 SATA Express 10Gb/s connector, 1 PCIe Gen2 x4 M.2 slot, a SATA DOM and a USB DOM.
The motherboard supports the Intel X540 Ethernet controller, with the single chip able to support dual 10G BASE-T LAN ports, significantly faster than regular gigabit LAN. 10GBase-T can be easily integrated, but the 10GBase-T Ethernet card is pricing, along with a higher level of power consumption.
Don't expect the ASRock X99 WS-E/10G to come cheaply, but the company didn't offer pricing details.
Last updated: Apr 6, 2020 at 08:48 pm CDT
- ASRock unveils new TRX40 motherboards for AMD's new Ryzen Threadripper
- ASRock unleashes its Hyper Quad M.2 PCIe 4.0 expansion card
- PS5, Xbox Series X SSD may use software-defined flash to boost speeds
- ASRock Radeon RX 5700 Phantom Gaming series cards revealed
- PlayStation 5 will respect your time thanks to ultra-fast SSD and OS
- > NEXT STORY: Strategy Analytics: Cloud gaming may reach inflection point in 2015
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphones sold 40 percent less than predictions