Today Samsung announced that Dr. Steven Chu, the former US Secretary of Energy, CGO of Cisco Wim Elfrink and author Guy Kawasaki will each head up keynote addresses at the 2013 Samsung Memory Solutions Forum. The event will be held on October 22nd, at the Computer History Museum in Mountain View, California.
- Dr. Chu will speak on "Energy Use in Information Technologies," highlighting the impact that technology can have on the environment. He'll discuss the potential consequences of excessive power use, including a possible slowdown in the growth in IT capabilities. Dr. Chu is a distinguished scientist and co-winner of the 1997 Nobel Prize for Physics. As United States Secretary of Energy, he was charged with helping implement President Obama's ongoing agenda to invest in clean energy and address the global climate crisis.
- Wim Elfrink in a presentation entitled "The Internet of Everything - The Next Disruption" will explore the metamorphosis of the Internet and how it will bring together people, processes, data and things to make networked connections more relevant and valuable. . Elfrink will discuss how turning information into actions will create new opportunities, richer experiences and, unprecedented economic opportunity for businesses, individuals and countries.
- Guy Kawasaki, Wall Street Journal and New York Times bestselling author, will speak on "Enchantment: The Art of Changing Hearts, Minds, and Actions," focusing on how to influence what people do while maintaining high ethical standards. He will examine what makes people change their thinking, the keys to overcoming resistance and how to make change last, as well as the role that technology can play in the art of persuasion.
- > NEXT STORY: GTA V update pushed out, will fix 'game progress loss' in GTA Online
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Grand Theft Auto V smashes six world records according to Guinness