IDF 2013 - Today LSI announced that they will be demonstrating the performance of its 12Gb/s MegaRAID controller at this year's Intel Developer Forum being held in San Francisco, California. The demo will be taking place at LSI's booth (#614) as well as on display at other locations during the event.
The demonstration setup consists of a LSI 12Gb/s MegaRAID controller with an Intel Xenon E5-2600 v2 based server, and eight 12Gb/s HGST SAS SSDs. LSI says that this system delivers a throughput increase of over 50-percent compared to a 6Gb/s SAS system. LSI design this system to maximize storage performance for I/O intensive applications such as web cloud data centers and virtualized server environments.
"As storage needs grow, 12Gb/s SAS provides the performance gains necessary to help end customers optimize bandwidth-intensive applications including those for cloud and big data," said Kelly Bryant, vice president of marketing, RAID Storage Division, LSI. "Working closely with the storage ecosystem including Intel and HGST, LSI is committed to providing customers with 12Gb/s SAS solutions with leading performance and interoperability."
You can check out the set up at LSI's booth (#614) or at the following locations during IDF 2013.
- Supermicro showcasing 12Gb/s system performance with 6Gb/s drives using an LSI 12Gb/s SAS MegaRAID adapter and LSI SAS 3x48 12Gb/s SAS expander with DataBolt(TM) bandwidth optimization feature at booth #500.
- Xyratex revealing its first-to-market modular storage enclosures using LSI SAS 3008 12Gb/s SAS I/O controller at booth #833.
- SCSI Trade Association (STA) showing 12Gb/s SAS interoperability using an LSI SAS 9300-8e 12Gb/s SAS HBA demonstration at booth #617.
- LSI will also be demonstrating its NVM Express solution for next-generation LSI SandForce(R) flash controllers in booth #731 in the NVMe Community.
- > NEXT STORY: Steam to begin allowing friends and family to share games
- < PREVIOUS STORY: Battlefield 4 PC system requirements aren't harsh at all