CPUs Used: Ryzen 3 1300X + Core i3-7350K
The purpose of these articles was to look at some of the cheaper, but still very powerful quad-core CPUs, and see if we could game on them. I've started off by testing NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 1070 and GTX 1080, side-by-side with AMD's new Radeon RX Vega 56 and RX Vega 64 graphics cards.
I will have future articles looking at TITAN Xp performance inside of the Ryzen 3 and Core i3 gaming machines, which is really interesting. $130-$140 processor with $1199 graphics card? Awesome.
We worked with AMD, GIGABYTE, and Corsair on these builds, with GIGABYTE supporting us with their GA-Gaming K8 motherboard for the Core i3-7350K. AMD provided their Ryzen 3 1300X processor and the ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 motherboard, while Corsair kitted everything else out. We're talking CPU cooler, PSU, case, RAM, keyboards, mice, headsets, and even a freakin' gaming chair. Props out to Corsair for their support, and to GIGABYTE for supplying some kick-ass motherboards.
Core i3-7350K + GIGABYTE GA-Gaming B8
Core i3-7350K + GIGABYTE GA-Gaming B8 motherboard
Intel's Core i3-7350K is $20 more than the Ryzen 3 1300X at $149 on Amazon, and the GIGABYTE GA-Gaming B8 motherboard is also a little more expensive than the Ryzen-capable ASRock board. GIGABYTE's GA-Gaming B8 motherboard comes in at $104.95, down from $124.99 on Amazon right now.
Ryzen 3 1300X + ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4
Ryzen 3 1300X + ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 motherboard
This is a damn good combo, as you're getting 2C/4T like the Core i3-7350K - but with Team Red. ASRock's Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 motherboard is just $89.99 on Amazon at the time of writing, down from $119.99. A steal, considering the Ryzen 3 1300X processor is just $129.99 as well.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The Ryzen 3 vs. Core i3 benched on GTX 1060/1070 & RX Vega retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [CPUs Used: Ryzen 3 1300X + Core i3-7350K]
- Page 3 [System Specs]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks: 1080p @ Medium]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks: 1080p @ Very High/Ultra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks: 1440p @ Medium]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks: 1440p @ Very High/Ultra]
- Page 8 [Performance Analysis]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Battlefield 1: Apocalypse DLC details aerial dogfights
- Nintendo Switch sells 1.5 million units last month
- Epic Games doubts the success of their own MOBA Paragon
- Age of Empires: Definitive Edition will release next month
- Hasselblad's new camera snaps 400-megapixel photos
- The GIGABYTE Z370N WIFI (Intel Z370) Motherboard Review
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series