I've written over 16,500 articles in seven years with my time at TweakTown, cherishing every minute of it. I'm surrounded by enthusiast-class hardware like AMD Ryzen Threadripper, NVIDIA TITAN Xp graphics cards, AMD Radeon RX Vega graphics cards, 8K + 4K + 3440x1440 displays, and everything in between.
But where the real fun is, would have to be testing the mid-range gaming PCs because that's what more people buy. It's fun and all testing the crazy high-end hardware, but I miss the days of working at my day job selling gamers their new desktop gaming PCs.
I'd normally never recommend Core i7 processors, opting for the Core i3 and Core i5 processors back in the day (I left that job in December 2012). Fast forward five years, and we're in a world where Ryzen is here and rocking the mid-range game right up to the enthusiast-class gear with Threadripper.
Most people think Core i3 processors aren't that great for gaming, but they really are. I've been toying around with the Core i3-7350K as my gaming PC for a couple of weeks now, teamed with a NVIDIA TITAN Xp graphics card and the Samsung CF791, a 34-inch 3440x1440 UltraWide gaming display with 100Hz refresh rate and Quantum Dot technology.
It's not the crazy high-end Threadripper 1950X next to it or the 8K display connected to the PC; it's one of the cheapest processors that I own. But the 2C/4T processor is a BEAST when it comes to gaming, and so is the AMD Ryzen 3 1300X which costs just over $100, but performs right next to Intel's Core i3-7350K.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [CPUs Used: Ryzen 3 1300X + Core i3-7350K]
- Page 3 [System Specs]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks: 1080p @ Medium]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks: 1080p @ Very High/Ultra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks: 1440p @ Medium]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks: 1440p @ Very High/Ultra]
- Page 8 [Performance Analysis]
- Page 9 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Minecraft boss becomes Xbox boss, replacing Phil Spencer
- Ubisoft says that the PC is the 'superior' gaming platform
- Samsung 4TB SSD teased, will cost a mighty $1900
- Samsung starts producing 16-gigabit GDDR6 for next-gen GPUs
- PUBG patched on PC, fixes performance in large-scale fights
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- X99-Gaming-5P 6850K 128G Ram - Help Overclock
- Which one is Best laptop in my Budget
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series