MK Retro Classis Onyx Continued
Emanating from the center of the back edge of the MK Retro Classis, we find six foot of cloth braided cable. There is no need for a hook and loop strap as this keyboard is not about traveling with it, and we see that the connection is gold plated, and AZIO even incorporates a Ferrite choke inline.
Since this is a pre-production sample, AZIO did not place the product sticker under the keyboard yet, as one might expect. What we do see is a flat expanse of textured plastic, with large round rubber pads on the bottom of the pillar legs, which are placed as nearest to the corners as possible.
The back legs to not flip out as we are used to seeing, they screw out. What you need to do, is to grab onto the black chrome ring just under the rubber pads, and turn them clockwise to extend the feet, and counter clockwise to lower them back into the legs.
Removing some of the keycaps, we see strange looking stems for Kailh Blue Switches. However, the stems beings expanded to the outside edge of the switches has allows AZIO to have the LEDs placed in the center of each switch. That LED placement means no blinding glare, as the stems will glow slightly, but most of the light is sent through the laser etched keycap legends.
Building the key caps is a four step process. Initially, the caps are molded with nearly clear plastic, and then the black coating is applied on the top. It is then that the words, letters, and symbols are etched into them, and before they are done, they also need to have the black chrome plastic ring snapped onto the edges. While we have seen built in torsion bars before, the clips used on the long keys is something new to us.
In the bright lights of the photo booth, the white backlight found under all of the keys is a bit tough to discern from earlier images, but we assure you it is active under all of the keys. What are bright, and easy to see, are the lock indicator LEDs at the top-right corner of the MK Retro Classis Onyx. If you have a lock active, it easily attracts attention through your peripheral vision.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [AZIO MK Retro Classis Onyx]
- Page 3 [MK Retro Classis Onyx Continued]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Activision CEO to leave company
- AI could one day fuel in-game microtransactions
- Playground Games making new Fable, sources say
- Nintendo Labo brings cardboard cut-outs to the gaming world
- Metal Gear Survive will feature microtransactions
- noblechairs ICON Series Real Leather Gaming Chair Review
- GIGABYTE X299 Designare EX (Intel X299) Motherboard Review
- Realtek sound not working all of a sudden
- Intel Z370 Motherboard Buyer's Guide
- The Coffee Lake Overclocking Guide
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series