Who The Hell Is PLAYERUNKNOWN?
PLAYERUNKNOWN is actually Brendan Greene, who is the Creative Director at Bluehole, which developed PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds. Greene is the man responsible for the Battle Royale genre, and I owe him my utter gratitude. The Battle Royale game mode is incredibly fun, and Battlegrounds has now become my favorite first-person shooter - totally blowing away games like Battlefield, at least IMO.
Greene started off working on the Battle Royale game mode when he was working on ARMA, after which is licensed the game mode to Sony Online Entertainment, which is now Daybreak Games, who used the mode in H1Z1. H1Z1: King of the Kill was my first personal taste of Battle Royale, but PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds takes it to an entirely new level.
In Battlegrounds, Greene serves as the Creative Director, where he had the full control of being able to make an entire game on the Battle Royale game mode. Greene explains: "From when I first started making the Battle Royale game mode in ARMA 2, I have always wanted to make a good game. With Bluehole and their philosophy of creating "well made" games, I am confident that together we can create a great game."
PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds broke into the gaming world in March 2017 and has been purchased by over 2 million gamers so far. If you haven't heard about Battlegrounds, or PUBG (with a name as long as PLAYERUNKNOWN'S BATTLEGROUNDS - yeah, it's meant to be in ALL CAPS) nicknames have already taken over.
Battlegrounds throws you into a huge Battle Royale game mode that sees up to 100 players parachuting onto a remote island, where you can choose to play in solo, duo, or team modes of up to 4 players. The winner takes it all, as well as a chicken dinner, where you're in a constant race for weapons, meds, ammo, or a vehicle - and sometimes, just sometimes, you want a place to relax as the game can be beyond hectic.
The game zone is constantly shrinking, where you only have a few minutes to find your bearings - as well as weapons, armor, ammo, medical supplies, and more before the zone shrinks.
In Battlegrounds, there are two zones: the white zone which is always shrinking - but it's safe. You need to stay in there and adjust your gameplay to the constantly moving white zone, while the blue zone is an invisible wall that will shrink after time to the current white zone. Once the blue zone zeroes down into the white zone, a new zone will be defined. So if you're a camper, you'll have to keep moving or die.
There are 17 weapons in Battlegrounds, with a huge 35 attachments for them all. There's a mix of stabilizers and silencers, as well as extended and quick change mag clips. There are plenty of cars to drive, but there are no helicopters or planes - so you're stuck on the ground.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Who Is PLAYERUNKNOWN & Introduction]
- Page 2 [Battlegrounds Development & Game Details]
- Page 3 [Battle Rigs: Core i5 vs Ryzen 5]
- Page 4 [Battle Rig Specs]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard