FreeSync Will Hit HDMI Starting Early 2016
Right now, FreeSync is locked to DisplayPort, and this cuts off a significant chunk of the market, a market where HDMI is still thriving. RTG talked about FreeSync technology over HDMI, saying that "HDMI is everywhere" - and it's true.
Pushing FreeSync technology onto HDMI will see the company enabling a much wider selection of affordable mainstream price points, with AMD FreeSync for "A+A notebooks with HDMI." All of this will kick into high gear in Q1 2016, so we're not far away from FreeSync-capable HDMI displays.
I did ask a specific question to one of the engineers behind FreeSync, where I asked "if we would see FreeSync on TVs in the future, now that AMD is putting FreeSync technology into HDMI, it seems logical." The engineer wouldn't directly answer my question, but the look on his face said it all. So, I expect to see a rather large announcement from AMD soon regarding FreeSync-powered TVs.
It only makes sense, right? AMD has hardware in the current-gen consoles, and rumor has it that they are powering the next-gen consoles, too. The next-gen consoles will be much faster than the current generation, have more support for new technologies, and hopefully we'll see FreeSync being a big push for this on TVs. That on its own has me excited for the future consoles.
Here we have a list of some of the upcoming displays that will feature FreeSync technology over HDMI.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction - Welcome to Sonoma, California]
- Page 2 [DisplayPort 1.3 Allows For 4K @ 120Hz + 1440p @ 240Hz]
- Page 3 [HDR - RTG says 'We Need More Than Pixels']
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Obsidian's The Outer Worlds won't have microtransactions
- Avengers 4: End Game Trailer, 289 million views in 24 hours
- Concerns about Super Smash Bros. UItimates 'Spirits Mode'
- RTS title 'Conan Unconquered' announced for PC on Steam
- Kingdom Hearts III - Opening Cinematic ft Skrillex & More
- 1stPlayer Bullet Hunter MK6 Gaming Keyboard Review
- SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless Review
- Z390 ultra bios needs serious work
- Arena Clash 'Overwatch, League of Legends and Tekken 7 Tournament Finals Head to Stratford
- Shoot the Virtual Dead in GUNGRAVE VR! Launching on PlayStation VR TODAY!
- McLaren 570s Car Pack Available In Rocket League Now
- Ashes of Creation Apocalypse Launches December 18
- Grinding Gear Games Launches Path of Exile: Betrayal for PC