The DIP Line
When you enter the DIP area, there is a lot going on as it's part of the factory where workers actually physically touch the motherboard. Before workers enter the area, they must test their electrostatic discharge (ESD) with this little machine.
This is a manual insertion line where factory workers place different through-hole components such as portions of the IO panel and PCI-E slots.
After some components are manually inserted, others which are smaller such as capacitors, are inserted into the PCB with auto insertion machines. This is a Juki JM-10 and it places capacitors (and there is a video below. GIGABYTE has worked closely with the Industrial Technology Research Institute of Taiwan (ITRI) and co-developed an in-line AOI (automatic optical inspection) to ensure that the placement of DIP components is perfect.
The machine in the video manually places DIP components such as capacitors. Then the placement of the components is checked with an in-line AOI. After the manual insertion, a wave-soldering machine produces a wave of solder which brushes up against the bottom of the motherboard to permanently solder the DIP components in place. After the soldering, the boards are inspected again.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analyst: Battlefront II in-game spend could break $100m
- Google informs us which Android Wear watches will get Oreo
- Keylogger found planted on over 460 HP laptops
- Epic Games poach Boss Key co-founder for 'secret project'
- Naughty Dogs Uncharted series hits new record high in sales
- AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition Drivers Detailed
- 2 GPU on AB350 Gaming K4
- Mantiz Venus MZ-02 Thunderbolt 3 eGPU Enclosure Review
- Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 7 - Which M.2 socket should I use
- MSI Z170A PC Mate Unlock NVRAM
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series