Now We Know About HBM, Let's Talk the Radeon R9 390X
Now that we've had a quick dip into the HBM pool, we need to remind you: this is the first generation of HBM. HBM2 will double the bandwidth up to over 1.2TB/sec, the first time in history that we've had GPU memory - or any consumer memory - with over 1TB/sec of bandwidth.
We've been posting a considerable amount of rumors, reports and insider information about the Radeon R9 390X, which will be the first video card to use HBM. AMD has been working with SK Hynix and many other companies to get this off the ground, and the fruits of that labor will be the Fiji XT-based Radeon R9 390X.
What we do know so far, are just from rumors. The Radeon R9 390X should have between 4-8GB of HBM-based VRAM, and arrive in two versions: one with a normal air cooler, while another will arrive with a hybrid water cooling system.
Furthering the rumors is talk of two versions of the Radeon R9 390X, one with GDDR5 and another with HBM. Then we have the rumors of the rebrands, which will rebrand the Hawaii XT-based Radeon R9 390X as a card in the upcoming Radeon R9 300 series.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [GDDR5 is Nearly Dead & Introducing the Interposer]
- Page 3 [HBM Explained]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Analysts forecast Capcom will miss net sales target
- Capcom ships 4 million copies of Resident Evil 7
- Petroglyph Games announce new RTS- Forged Battalion
- Seagate announce its new Enterprise Datasphere Fleet
- Warhammer: Vermintide 2 gameplay trailer released
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz