Introduction - An Android Lover Walking Into Camp iPhone
I won't lie, I'm a Google Android lover. I'm a huge fan of everything Android, as it offers me a complete package. I can use Chrome on my Apple MacBook Air (OS X), Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro (Windows 8.1), Windows PC (Windows 7), every single Android device I've got, any iOS device on the market, and everything in between - and best of all, it just works. My entire Chrome history is there, bookmarks, saved passwords, everything.
This flows right into every Google service: Maps, Navigation, Now, Hangouts, and so much more. I use Hangouts every day, Google Now is a daily part of my life for so many things - and even better when I'm travelling for on-the-fly currency conversions, as well as telling me the time at home with a simple flick of my finger, and so much more - Maps and Navigation are better than proper GPS units, and anything Apple can do with Maps right now.
One of the key services I use each and every day, something that I use when I'm at events, at home, and store everything digitally, is Drive. Google Drive is crazy cheap, and super-fast for me to upload to, and download from. I have a 1TB Drive account that I have everything stored on, and that is a price that even Apple cannot compete with.
The best thing about Google services? They provide all of them on iOS, and in quite good quality. They aren't just apps they throw onto the App Store, they are apps that Google spends considerable time on, constantly polishing for iOS users.
So, what better person to check out the new iPhone? I'm looking at it through the eyes of someone who has used 10+ of the best Android-powered handsets on the market this year, including the Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 3, Nexus 5, G3, Xperia Z2, Nexus 7 (2012 and 2013), NVIDIA's Shield Tablet, Xperia Z2 Tablet, and a few more.
Some of my very close friends thought I would be super biased, but what's the point in that? I've admitted that I love Android, but that doesn't stop Apple from impressing me with the new iPhone, does it? Sure, I'm not going to fall in love with it - I might, but I highly doubt it - but there are going to be things I like, and dislike. This is how I am with anything, everything Android doesn't impress me - for example, I absolutely hate Samsung's TouchWiz UI and will refuse to personally own or use one because of it - if I hate something from Apple's largest competitor (by far), then I'm not completely biased.
What I love and enjoy much more than anything - are Google's various, and long list of services. They are not replicated with any other company, and this isn't just Apple, but Microsoft, Amazon, Sony, Samsung, HTC, LG - everyone. No one comes close to the plethora of services that Google provide, and this is one of the biggest issues that its competitors face.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Dad makes custom Zelda/Link life-lesson present for daughter
- Google tease MAJOR gaming announcement for March 19th
- Overwatch's new Paris map is now live on all platforms
- Huawei to unveil its next-gen P30 smartphone on March 26
- Apex Legends second patch arrives, fixes stability, crashes
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure