With our SPEC CPU2006 tests, we saw significant improvements to our results -in some cases doubling performance.
SmartHeap needs to be linked to your app, and then complied in your favorite complier; in most cases, this is a simple process. We assume that anyone interested in using SmartHeap will have a basic understanding of how to compile apps, so it should not be very hard to get everything up and running.
Here in the lab, we are not experts in compiling these types of things, and we did have some issues getting everything working. However, with help from MicroQuill support, we were able to get things figured out.
There are also several options when purchasing SmartHeap for single-threaded, or SMP (symmetric multiprocessing) multi-threaded. Besides using SmartHeap to optimize SPEC CPU2006 benchmarks, it can be used to improve your application performance on a wide variety of platforms.
To sum everything up, we saw a huge improvement in our SPEC CPU2006 results; in some cases, almost double the results. In the multi-threaded runs, SmartHeap has a dramatic effect on many of the results.
We do not have an award for software per se, but if we did, we would rank SmartHeap in the 95% range, and only knock it down for compiling issues that we had. We know that many of our readers would not run into the issues we had, as we are not experts in compiling software.
If your application can take advantage of SmartHeap, then it's well worth looking into.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ASUS announce ROG Strix X370-I & B350-I motherboards
- Microsoft wants you to 'feel true power' with Xbox One X
- Fiber optic cables double as early earthquake detectors
- Surface Pro LTE delayed until at least Spring 2018
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- AMD Threadripper vs. Intel Core i9 CPUs Clock for Clock
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard