Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: RC6
So what is Anvil Storage Utilities? It's a storage benchmark for SSDs and HDDs where you can check and monitor your performance. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test, or just the read or the write test, or you can run a single test (i.e. 4K QD16).
The software is used several different ways, and to show different aspects for each drive. We've chosen to use this software to show the performance of a drive with two different data sets. The first is with compressible data, and the second data set is incompressible data. Several users have requested this data in our SSD reviews.
0-Fill Compressible Data
Knocking on the door of 10,000 points is hyper-class performance. Again, this test fits within the EVO's write acceleration layer, so results are stellar.
0-Fill Compressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Our array's read performance is excellent overall. This time, the Extreme II and 500GB EVO arrays put up a slightly better performance.
0-Fill Compressible Write IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Unexpectedly, our mSATA EVO array beats the competition in this test. Turbo Write is working its magic. Most notably, our 250GB EVO mSATA array is way out front of our 500GB EVO SATA array.
Compression 100% Incompressible Data
Incompressible scoring is pretty much the same as compressible scoring, but this time we are able to blast through the 10,000 point plateau. This is some remarkable performance from our little mSATA array.
Incompressible Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
Read IOPS charting of incompressible data mirrors that of compressible.
Incompressible Write IOPS through Queue Scale
Incompressible data does not affect the outcome of this test. Our mSATA EVO array is again able to outperform the competition. It is interesting that our smaller capacity mSATA EVO array is able to outperform our larger capacity EVO array. The mSATA EVO array has a twice the DRAM buffer to NAND ratio as our standard EVO array, which is undoubtedly contributing to these results.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications, Pricing and Availability]
- Page 3 [Samsung SSD 840 EVO mSATA SATA III SSD]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup, Drive Properties & ATTO Baseline Performance]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - AS SSD]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - PCMark Vantage]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - PCMark 7]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - PCMark 8]
- Page 11 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Blackmagicdesign's Disk Speed Test]
- Page 12 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - Disk Response Times]
- Page 13 [Secondary Volume Benchmarks - DiskBench]
- Page 14 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.