In typical fashion we'll ignore going into any real detail on our testbed as most of the information is above. As for the boards we'll be comparing today, we'll see all that in the coming pages as we look at our graphs. Instead we'll just get into the overclocking side of things to see just what kind of performance we can get out of our i7 3960X today in the new ECS X79R-AX.
That performance over stock today would actually be nothing! Well, that's not completely true to be honest - before this happened...
We were up and running in HyperPi bouncing around 4.6GHz - 4.7GHz which was a nice overclock .and then the above happened. Not only did it take the ECS X79R-AX with it...it took our i7 3960X. Let's give a moments silence for our beloved 3960X.
*insert moments silence*
Because of the fact there's now no overclocking testing, we'll just get into the benchmarks. While we'd normally break down all our benchmarks individually, we won't today because of the lack of overclocking. Instead we'll talk about the USB 2.0, USB 3.0 and SSD performance along with power and heat numbers before we summarize everything in the final thoughts.
Let's get started!
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction and Package]
- Page 2 [The Motherboard]
- Page 3 [The Motherboard Continued]
- Page 4 [BIOS]
- Page 5 [Test System Setup]
- Page 6 [CPU Benchmarks]
- Page 7 [System Benchmarks]
- Page 8 [USB 2.0 and 3.0 Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [SSD Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Memory Benchmarks]
- Page 11 [Gaming Benchmarks]
- Page 12 [Temperature and Power]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Delve into madness with new Call of Cthulhu gameplay trailer
- Diablo III for Switch: confirmed no inclusion of Link gear
- Super Mario Party for Switch - 80 minigames, launch trailer
- Windows 10 Pro for $12 and Rise of the Tomb Raider for $8.54
- PUBG's new update includes ranking system and SO MUCH MORE
- DLink HD Wi-Fi Camera 8300LH Review
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Review: No Seriously, Just Buy It
- can not find WIIFI driver
- Qsan XN3002T Two-Bay NAS Review
- Can't connect to the media server on my AC68U
- Kensington Unveils LD5400T Thunderbolt 3 Dual 4K Dock with K-Fob Smart Lock
- Crashbots is coming to Steam on the 9th of October!
- Linksys Launches High Performance, Enterprise-grade Cloud Networking Management For SMB Networks Without Licensing Fees
- BIOSTAR Presents Professional Crypto Mining Motherboards
- Animoca Brands partners with OpenST Limited to develop blockchain-powered games